AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   1991 318is and 1986 325es (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74173)

BDH September 8th 06 01:43 PM

1991 318is and 1986 325es

I'm new in the BMW world(3 days now) and am working on an 86 I got for
basically nothing. I have found a 318is for next to nothing as well.
What parts are swappable. I know the engines are completely
different, but what I'm looking at is interior, wheel size, struts,
etc. The 91 is a recent wreck in excellent shape. Parts car?
Thanks.

Psycho September 8th 06 09:02 PM

1991 318is and 1986 325es

On 8 Sep 2006 05:43:54 -0700, "BDH" > wrote:

>I'm new in the BMW world(3 days now) and am working on an 86 I got for
>basically nothing. I have found a 318is for next to nothing as well.
> What parts are swappable. I know the engines are completely
>different, but what I'm looking at is interior, wheel size, struts,
>etc. The 91 is a recent wreck in excellent shape. Parts car?
>Thanks.

Most anything except the engine and tranny are the same. There are
exceptions, but if it looks like the same part, it probably is.