AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NY license question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25072)

Dave C. February 22nd 05 07:30 PM

NY license question

Quick question - In New York State (not NYC), when you exchange an
out-of-state license for a NY (class D, I believe) license,

Do they hand it to you the same day or mail it to you later, like some
states do? (I hate that) -Dave

Robert F Merrill February 23rd 05 10:47 AM

Dave C. wrote:

> Quick question - In New York State (not NYC), when you exchange an
> out-of-state license for a NY (class D, I believe) license,
>
> Do they hand it to you the same day or mail it to you later, like some
> states do? (I hate that) -Dave

In NY, you will never get a license handed to you, they always give you a
temporary slip (with no photo on it) and mail you the ID within 15 days