AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   1992 F250 Dana 44 or Dana 50? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=6714)

Matt Vorne October 28th 04 11:54 PM

1992 F250 Dana 44 or Dana 50?

Hi all,

I hope someone can answer this question. My dad has a 1992 F250 (non
super-duty) and he needs a new front right hub (manual locking).

I don't know anything about 4x4s so when I priced one out from a parts
store they asked me is it a Dana 44 or Dana 50? I have no idea what
they are talking about or which one the truck has. How do I find out?

Could someone explain to me the difference and hopefully how to tell
which one the truck currently has?

Thanks in advance.