AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   foggy windows help needed (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13011)

holley10 October 17th 04 05:53 AM

foggy windows help needed

I have a 94 saturn and when its cold out side or raining all the windows
gets so foggy inside I have to roll the windows down or be constantly
wiping all the windows and the defroster works only on the windshield
rear glass has a defroster install in the glass it's ok I just found
the n/g and dont know if the problem has been posted before thanks

Jonnie Santos October 17th 04 07:30 AM

Do you run the AC and set the temp to HOT? ...I used to have good luck with
the AC.

Jay Bollyn October 17th 04 04:09 PM

Make sure recirc=OFF. This is in your owners manual.

Graham October 17th 04 05:41 PM

Under some conditions, a leaking heater core could be
putting a lot of moisture into the air inside the car.

Oppie October 17th 04 09:14 PM

Make sure that the inside of the glass is clean. Any dust or other schmutz
on the glass gives moisture a better place to condense and create fogging.
Use a good glass cleaner and a squeegee.

On my '01 lw300 at least, the defogger position will automatically turn on
the A/C (regardless of the setting of the a/c button). Problem is at low
temperatures, the a/c will not dehumidify. So, in very humid weather near
freezing, the only recourse is to leave the window open a crack and crank
the heat in defrost mode.

Make sure that the recirculate control is off. It may be more energy
efficient to recirculate the air but if the a/c can't dehumidify it, the
problem only gets worse.

Oppie