AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   WTH Is _Wrong_With People? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38249)

Dave Head July 15th 05 03:37 AM

WTH Is _Wrong_With People?

Driving the right lane tonight (yeah, I know, hard to believe) and the other
guy comes up like he's going to pass, and pulls even and slows to match my
speed. Goes on like that for a couple miles. I finally get fed up with it, as
other cars are accumulating behind, and I hate to be followed closely or having
_anyone_ else driving the same speed that I am anywhere in the near vicinity,
so he finally goes on by after I slow to about 40. He continues up the road
and catches another car pretty quickly, and then SLOWS DOWN TO MATCH _HIS_
SPEED? What's up with that? What the hell is wrong with people? I _know_ its
this area, where people do all sorts of dumb**** stuff all the time, mostly
being ducklings, but what the hell prompts someone to pull up even with someone
so they can look into their car, and get their car looked into by the guy
they're harrassing in the right lane... etc.

I _really_ hate driving around here...

Dave Head

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend July 15th 05 05:34 AM

Dave Head wrote:
> Driving the right lane tonight (yeah, I know, hard to believe) and the other
> guy comes up like he's going to pass, and pulls even and slows to match my
> speed. Goes on like that for a couple miles. I finally get fed up with it, as
> other cars are accumulating behind, and I hate to be followed closely or having
> _anyone_ else driving the same speed that I am anywhere in the near vicinity,
> so he finally goes on by after I slow to about 40. He continues up the road
> and catches another car pretty quickly, and then SLOWS DOWN TO MATCH _HIS_
> SPEED? What's up with that? What the hell is wrong with people? I _know_ its
> this area, where people do all sorts of dumb**** stuff all the time, mostly
> being ducklings, but what the hell prompts someone to pull up even with someone
> so they can look into their car, and get their car looked into by the guy
> they're harrassing in the right lane... etc.
>
> I _really_ hate driving around here...
>
> Dave Head

Hey loonybird. If that's all you've got to worry about, you've got
nothing to worry about.

David W. Poole, Jr. July 15th 05 07:53 AM

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 02:37:41 GMT, Dave Head > was
understood to have stated the following:

>He continues up the road
>and catches another car pretty quickly, and then SLOWS DOWN TO MATCH _HIS_
>SPEED? What's up with that?

Not being as along on the evolutionary tree, that type still thinks
herding is the way to protect yourself from predators.

--

The last song I started on my PC was: Days of the New - Skeleton Key - Days of the New 2
K:\Audio\Days Of The New\Days of the New 2\05 - Skeleton Key.mp3

[email protected] July 15th 05 03:59 PM

Dave Head wrote:
> He continues up the road
> and catches another car pretty quickly, and then SLOWS DOWN TO MATCH _HIS_
> SPEED?

Security-blanket tailgater. Doesn't feel comfortable unless he's
riding someone's ass. I like to do the +10/-10 on those folks, with
the occasional brakelight boogie.

E.P.

Arif Khokar July 18th 05 01:04 AM

Dave Head wrote:
> Driving the right lane tonight (yeah, I know, hard to believe) and the other
> guy comes up like he's going to pass, and pulls even and slows to match my
> speed.

So you saw it coming and did nothing to prevent it?

> Goes on like that for a couple miles.

That's because you're incompetent. Did you forget where your
accelerator and brake pedals were?

[email protected] July 19th 05 10:46 PM

Prevent what? Prevent him from passing? No, I'm not one of those guys
- If someone wants to pass, they're welcome to pass - I don't speed up
to prevent them from passing.

I just sat there to see how long he'd keep it up. It was an experiment
to gage the depth of his buffoonery. After that, he went up to the
next car and did the same thing! Why? What gets into people. No, he
wasn't tailgating - he was pacing, RIGHT BESIDE me - not fore, not
after, not behind, not ahead - RIGHT BESIDE! Weird, weird, weird. I
just don't understand it.

Dave Head

Alexander Rogge July 20th 05 04:32 AM

>> [Duckling]
> So you saw it coming and did nothing to prevent it?

I had one of these Ducklings today. An LLB in an econobox was blocking
one vehicle in the passing lane. As I approached in the right lane, the
LLB sped up to match my speed, then started driving next to me. I tried
speeding up +10 and slowing down -5, but the Duckling wouldn't move.
When the blocked driver moved behind me, I accelerated and swerved in
front of the LLB. The LLB honked obnoxiously as the other driver sped
by on the right. After I returned to the right lane, the LLB again
tried driving next to me. Since there was no other traffic, I looked
into the vehicle. The driver was using the right hand to hold the left
side of the steering wheel, had a cell phone in the left hand, and had
the rear-view mirror in the "ignore all traffic behind me" position.

Dave Head July 20th 05 05:17 AM

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:32:52 +0000, Alexander Rogge > wrote:

>>> [Duckling]

>> So you saw it coming and did nothing to prevent it?

>I had one of these Ducklings today. An LLB in an econobox was blocking
>one vehicle in the passing lane. As I approached in the right lane, the
>LLB sped up to match my speed, then started driving next to me. I tried
>speeding up +10 and slowing down -5, but the Duckling wouldn't move.
>When the blocked driver moved behind me, I accelerated and swerved in
>front of the LLB. The LLB honked obnoxiously as the other driver sped
>by on the right. After I returned to the right lane, the LLB again
>tried driving next to me. Since there was no other traffic, I looked
>into the vehicle. The driver was using the right hand to hold the left
>side of the steering wheel, had a cell phone in the left hand, and had
>the rear-view mirror in the "ignore all traffic behind me" position.

I think I'm going to start carrying my little point-n-shoot camera again, the
one with the flash built in, and start taking pictures of these idiots and see
what they do...

Dave Head

Arif Khokar July 20th 05 06:19 AM

Alexander Rogge wrote:

> I had one of these Ducklings today. An LLB in an econobox was blocking
> one vehicle in the passing lane. As I approached in the right lane, the
> LLB sped up to match my speed, then started driving next to me. I tried
> speeding up +10 and slowing down -5,

+10 and -5 aren't enough. Try +20 and -20 (assuming you're using the
km/h scale). Another thing you might try is to gradually drift into
their lane.

Scott en Aztlán July 20th 05 06:29 AM

On 19 Jul 2005 14:46:05 -0700, wrote:

>I just sat there to see how long he'd keep it up. It was an experiment
>to gage the depth of his buffoonery. After that, he went up to the
>next car and did the same thing! Why? What gets into people. No, he
>wasn't tailgating - he was pacing, RIGHT BESIDE me - not fore, not
>after, not behind, not ahead - RIGHT BESIDE! Weird, weird, weird. I
>just don't understand it.

What I don't understand is why anyone would intentionaly expose
themselves to the increased risk of having a moron driver in close
proximity for several miles. I give ducklings about 10 seconds before
I begin evasive maneuvers - these idiots are obviously asleep at the
wheel (even if their eyes are open) and it's only a matter of time
before they begin to drift out of their lane. The last thing I want is
to be next to them when it happens...