AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   oil temp gauge (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=536)

Christian Petersen October 26th 04 04:35 PM

oil temp gauge

Hi,
My oil temperature gauge has never been above 80 degrees C on motorway
driving, in the city it's closer to 70 C.
It's that normal? (Or what is it supposed to show?)

Also, can anyone tell me where I find the switch for the boot light?
(as the bulb seems to be fine)

thanks,
Christian, Denmark
1994 Alfa Romeo 155 2.0 TS

Tom Boltwood October 27th 04 11:06 AM

> From: Christian Petersen >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:35:59 +0200
> Subject: oil temp gauge
>
> Hi,
> My oil temperature gauge has never been above 80 degrees C on motorway
> driving, in the city it's closer to 70 C.
> It's that normal? (Or what is it supposed to show?)

I assume you mean water temp gauge? I've never found mine to be particularly
accurate in terms of what they're measuring, I just keep an eye on whether
they make any extreme movements IYSWIM. ie, my 164 stays constant at about
70° and my Dad's at 90° but I reckon the engines are running at much the
same temperature, just one of us (probably me) is badly calibrated.

Christian Petersen October 27th 04 03:53 PM

Tom Boltwood wrote:

> I assume you mean water temp gauge? I've never found mine to be particularly
> accurate in terms of what they're measuring, I just keep an eye on whether
> they make any extreme movements IYSWIM. ie, my 164 stays constant at about
> 70° and my Dad's at 90° but I reckon the engines are running at much the
> same temperature, just one of us (probably me) is badly calibrated.

I did mean the oil temp gauge. The water temp gauge is stable at 90 C.

thanks,
Christian

Tom Boltwood October 27th 04 04:30 PM

> From: Christian Petersen >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:53:33 +0200
> Subject: oil temp gauge

> I did mean the oil temp gauge. The water temp gauge is stable at 90 C.
>
> thanks,
> Christian

Aah, can't help you then, as I don't have an oil temp gauge.