AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Life on the freeway (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71931)

Harry K. August 10th 06 05:16 AM

Life on the freeway

It seems to me Los Angeles population tripple in the past 10 years. Driving
in LA areas has been a real pain with traffic condition getting worse by
the day. The government doesn't seem to have a good grip on the situation
either. Enlarging the freeway is not going to be a sensible long-term
solution. There are two competing problems: traffic congestion that cuts
into productivity and air pollution.

Giving the current rate of traffic and the lack of government sincere
interest in solving the problem, I am not sure how California is going to
meet its goal on air quality improvement.

It looks as if the government is conspiring with the oil cartels to
perpetuate the oil addiction that has ingrained in the American
culture.So,as long as we have the same corrupt group of people in the
government (at all levels), the people will get killed by getting stressed
out by the traffic and the polluted air they breathe.

Therefore, the American culture is one that has a built-in self-destructive
mechanism. All thanks to the power of greed that has been fueling
capitalism in many decades.

GeekBoy[_2_] August 10th 06 07:23 PM

Life on the freeway

"Harry K." > wrote in message
> It seems to me Los Angeles population tripple in the past 10 years.
> Driving
> in LA areas has been a real pain with traffic condition getting worse by
> the day. The government doesn't seem to have a good grip on the situation
> either. Enlarging the freeway is not going to be a sensible long-term
> solution. There are two competing problems: traffic congestion that cuts
> into productivity and air pollution.

That's your government at work looking for support and voters by allowing an
unending human tsunami of immirants and illegal aliens into the coutnry.
Not to mention old and outdated roadways in the LA area.

www.numbersusa.com

The pot is full and overflowing.

Harry K August 11th 06 02:46 AM

Life on the freeway

Harry K. wrote:
> It seems to me Los Angeles population tripple in the past 10 years. Driving
> in LA areas has been a real pain with traffic condition getting worse by
> the day. The government doesn't seem to have a good grip on the situation
> either. Enlarging the freeway is not going to be a sensible long-term
> solution. There are two competing problems: traffic congestion that cuts
> into productivity and air pollution.
>

> Giving the current rate of traffic and the lack of government sincere
> interest in solving the problem, I am not sure how California is going to
> meet its goal on air quality improvement.
>
> It looks as if the government is conspiring with the oil cartels to
> perpetuate the oil addiction that has ingrained in the American
> culture.So,as long as we have the same corrupt group of people in the
> government (at all levels), the people will get killed by getting stressed
> out by the traffic and the polluted air they breathe.
>
> Therefore, the American culture is one that has a built-in self-destructive
> mechanism. All thanks to the power of greed that has been fueling
> capitalism in many decades.

Seems there are two of us using the same nym. Mine is Harry K (without
the period).

Harry K

gpsman August 11th 06 03:18 AM

Life on the freeway

Harry K. (w/a period) wrote: <brevity snip>
> It seems to me Los Angeles population tripple in the past 10 years. Driving
> in LA areas has been a real pain with traffic condition getting worse by
> the day. The government doesn't seem to have a good grip on the situation
> either.

Ya don't say...? Hmm... lemme think...

Hey! Ya got any "good" Catholics there...?
-----