AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   98 Explorer EB Edition Climate Control is to cost $ 550.00 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25048)

Dirty February 22nd 05 05:59 PM

98 Explorer EB Edition Climate Control is to cost $ 550.00

98 Explorer Climate Control Systems has gone crazy. I have to turn
the Climate Control down to 60 to get heat. Repair shop tells me that
it is going to be $ 550.00 to repair the problem.
Has any one had problems with the Climate Control on a 98 or there
abouts Explorer EB Edition???????

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Explo...ict104482.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=485050

Mikepier February 23rd 05 11:51 AM

You might have the infamous blend door plenum problem. It requires
taking out the whole dash. However someone did post a procedure with
very detailed pictures on how to fix it yourself. It was a very good
write-up. If you do a search on "blend door" you will find it.