AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Honda Accord Bumpers (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=35117)

jc June 11th 05 02:02 AM

Honda Accord Bumpers

I am amazed at how sensitive the bumpers are to damage. I have two
black dings in mine and have had no accidents so assume it is from
something like a shopping cart. The color coordination may be cheap and
look nice but it's sure not as good as what bumpers used to have. So
the question is: How do you fix these things?

harrison June 11th 05 01:00 PM

"jc" <k@knet> wrote in message ...
>I am amazed at how sensitive the bumpers are to damage. I have two black
>dings in mine and have had no accidents so assume it is from something like
>a shopping cart. The color coordination may be cheap and look nice but
>it's sure not as good as what bumpers used to have. So the question is:
>How do you fix these things?

My first order solution was to get a black Accord, dings hardly show at all.

Beyond that, Honda sells topuchup paint in a bottle with a small brush for a
fairly low price (remember something around $6US). That will cover the many
nicks until it is bad enough for you want the whole cover repainted.

I had a white Volvo previously with a black plastic bumper cover and had the
same problem, went through lots of touchup paint in the 10 years I had it.

Dave - 03 Black Accord

Bucky June 12th 05 08:04 AM

jc wrote:
> I am amazed at how sensitive the bumpers are to damage.
> The color coordination may be cheap and
> look nice but it's sure not as good as what bumpers used to have.

I know! Who decided that to get rid of the black rubber bumpers and use
painted, integrated bumpers? I can understand for luxury cars, since
it's a much sleeker look. But for your average economy car, I want my
bumper to be able to take some bumps!