AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   89 buick lasabre a/c (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38993)

Professor July 24th 05 04:08 PM

Years ago... GM used to have what they called a thermal switch clipped
right onto the compressor bracket. Maybe someone knows if that still
exists... because it caused the problem you describe.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Piedmont July 24th 05 04:44 PM

89 buick lasabre a/c

needing help with my 89 buick lasabre a/c. The compressor is not engaging,
no cold air, blower works.

I checked 25amp fuse and it is ok, I bought a refill kit and pressure reads
good. Also, this isn't the original compressor, I had it replace about 5
years ago.

Is there a relay or something else I can check? I there is a relay, where is
it, what does it look like. Is there anything else that can be easily
checked?

Everything seems to work except compressor doesn't engage. So I assume it is
electrical.

Thanks! Piedmont

sdlomi2 July 24th 05 05:02 PM

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> needing help with my 89 buick lasabre a/c. The compressor is not engaging,
> no cold air, blower works.
>
> I checked 25amp fuse and it is ok, I bought a refill kit and pressure

reads
> good. Also, this isn't the original compressor, I had it replace about 5
> years ago.
>
> Is there a relay or something else I can check? I there is a relay, where

is
> it, what does it look like. Is there anything else that can be easily
> checked?
>
> Everything seems to work except compressor doesn't engage. So I assume it

is
> electrical.
>
> Thanks! Piedmont

Forgot to give credit: via Mitchell, sorry. s

sdlomi2 July 24th 05 05:03 PM

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> needing help with my 89 buick lasabre a/c. The compressor is not engaging,
> no cold air, blower works.
>
> I checked 25amp fuse and it is ok, I bought a refill kit and pressure

reads
> good. Also, this isn't the original compressor, I had it replace about 5
> years ago.
>
> Is there a relay or something else I can check? I there is a relay, where

is
> it, what does it look like. Is there anything else that can be easily
> checked?
>
> Everything seems to work except compressor doesn't engage. So I assume it

is
> electrical.
>
> Thanks! Piedmont

Sorry, forgot to credit above source: Mitchell. s