AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   CRV slurping noise when accelerating (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74488)

nespa2[_1_] September 13th 06 01:48 AM

CRV slurping noise when accelerating

I just took my Honda CRV to the dealer to get the timing belt and water
pump changed since I have 112,000 miles on it already. Now I've been
noticing a slurping sound sort of like the one you hear when sucking
throught a straw when you've run out of almost all the liquid and just
have ice left in your glass (I don't know how else to explain it).
Anyway, it just seems to get louder when I press on the gas pedal - is
this normal because my car is getting older? I think the sound was
there before the repairs at the dealer but I do notice it more now. Any
input would be appreciated - Thanks!

--
nespa2
nespa2's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=475705

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Earle Horton[_5_] September 13th 06 02:19 AM

CRV slurping noise when accelerating

"Slurping" is a new one on me! It could be that the dealer didn't get all
the air out of the cooling system after replacing the water pump. That
might make a noise. Check the coolant level to make sure it hasn't gone
down, and in the future every time you check the oil. The air intake does
make a sucking noise. Some people just get used to it. Some people never
do.

Earle

nespa2 September 13th 06 02:55 AM

CRV slurping noise when accelerating

Thanks Earle! I know "slurping" is kind of odd but like I said, I didn't
know how to explain it.

'Curly Q. Links' September 13th 06 04:06 PM

nespa2 wrote:

> I just took my Honda CRV to the dealer to get the timing belt and water
> pump changed since I have 112,000 miles on it already. Now I've been
> noticing a slurping sound sort of like the one you hear when sucking
> throught a straw when you've run out of almost all the liquid and just
> have ice left in your glass (I don't know how else to explain it).
> Anyway, it just seems to get louder when I press on the gas pedal - is
> this normal because my car is getting older? I think the sound was
> there before the repairs at the dealer but I do notice it more now. Any
> input would be appreciated - Thanks!
>
> --

Owner's manual says you need to fill the reservoir to the MAX mark any
time you've had work done on the cooling system. Check it again in a
couple days and add again if necessary. Use Honda premix for best
results, no tap water.

Tell us if it improves . . .

'Curly'