AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   pt cruiser fuse 13 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=59202)

mysteryroach March 11th 06 10:59 PM

pt cruiser fuse 13

iam having a problem with fuse 13 blowing on my 2001 pt cruiser. it
contols fuel pump and asd system. it blows at random intervals. any
suggestions as to where to start looking for a short or other
problem?any help is apprciated. thanks, jay

maxpower March 12th 06 01:18 AM

pt cruiser fuse 13

"philthy" > wrote in message
> was the recall for the pcm connectors done???
>
> mysteryroach wrote:
>
> > iam having a problem with fuse 13 blowing on my 2001 pt cruiser. it
> > contols fuel pump and asd system. it blows at random intervals. any
> > suggestions as to where to start looking for a short or other
> > problem?any help is apprciated. thanks, jay

Boy do you sound like Daniel Stern. Do you just pull this stuff out of your
hat? there is no recall for PCM connectors on that year. That recall is for
2003-2004 model vehicles.
Why not give some useful info now and then.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

maxpower March 12th 06 01:21 AM

pt cruiser fuse 13

"mysteryroach" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> iam having a problem with fuse 13 blowing on my 2001 pt cruiser. it
> contols fuel pump and asd system. it blows at random intervals. any
> suggestions as to where to start looking for a short or other
> problem?any help is apprciated. thanks, jay

More then likely the fuel pump is causing this to happen. Does this vehicle
have high mileage?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Sean&Heather March 12th 06 02:14 AM

pt cruiser fuse 13

what is the asd system? i am courios about miles also sence i am at 104,000
on my 01

maxpower March 12th 06 11:46 AM

pt cruiser fuse 13

"Sean&Heather" > wrote in message
> what is the asd system? i am courios about miles also sence i am at

104,000
> on my 01
> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> >
> > "mysteryroach" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> iam having a problem with fuse 13 blowing on my 2001 pt cruiser. it
> >> contols fuel pump and asd system. it blows at random intervals. any
> >> suggestions as to where to start looking for a short or other
> >> problem?any help is apprciated. thanks, jay
> >>

> > More then likely the fuel pump is causing this to happen. Does this
> > vehicle
> > have high mileage?
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

ASD is automatic shut down relay

mysteryroach March 16th 06 11:56 PM

pt cruiser fuse 13

thanks, glen. someone else also suggested the fuel pump as the culprit.
as a matter of fact, it does have close to 200,000 miles. once the
weather turns, we'll drop the tank and put in a new pump. thanks again.