AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NA Headlamp Replacements (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20527)

[email protected] January 13th 05 09:25 PM

NA Headlamp Replacements

Has anyone replaced their headlamps with the OSRAM Silverstar high
performance halogens?

Larry Gadbois January 14th 05 08:31 PM

I wouldn't want to replace my headlamps. As an owner of both NA and NB
series, I am impressed with the performance and reliability of the Original
Equipment lighting. I have never had a failure on either car, and the
lighting is more than adequate for my driving.

ups.com...

chuckk January 14th 05 10:42 PM

The Miata is very sensitive to lamps that draw more current or run hotter
than the stock lamps. Either can cause damage that is expensive to repair.

ups.com...

Kempi January 15th 05 03:28 AM

I have Silverstars in my NB.
They are 55W as the original equipment and are DOT approved.
Yes, the light is stronger and much whiter, without that cheap stupid "blue"
look.
First set went after 8 months (within 2 days) and I do not have day running
lights.
At $20 a piece, this make ca $60 a year. Not cheap.

Regards,
Kempi

'01 silver