AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   L200 Fuel Filter Replacement - Other trouble. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63932)

New & Improved - N/F John May 1st 06 02:58 AM

L200 Fuel Filter Replacement - Other trouble.

I recently requested my fuel filter be replaced by a local shop. The other
day it appears I ran out of gas without the dashboard lights providing a
warning. Is the low fuel warning system linked to the fuel filter assembly?
Is it likely the mechanic messed it up?

BläBlä May 1st 06 05:04 AM

L200 Fuel Filter Replacement - Other trouble.

In article <qXd5g.1246$g01.822@trnddc01>,
says...
> I recently requested my fuel filter be replaced by a local shop. The other
> day it appears I ran out of gas without the dashboard lights providing a
> warning. Is the low fuel warning system linked to the fuel filter assembly?
> Is it likely the mechanic messed it up?

No, a fuel pressure test will tell you if your fuel pump is supplying
gas.