AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   So what should be the penalty for speeding? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8196)

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend January 7th 05 08:26 PM

So what should be the penalty for speeding?

Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
drive again.

LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

[email protected] January 7th 05 08:50 PM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
> drive again.

Fine them and points against license, like what we do now. Speeders
haven't killed anyone; some people who may have been speeding and who
then cause an accident might have killed someone, but nearly all people
speed at some point and never kill anyone, so your characterization is
incorrect.

[email protected] January 7th 05 08:50 PM

Bill Smith January 7th 05 09:19 PM

On 7 Jan 2005 12:26:57 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
>every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
>over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
>drive again.
>
> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

We should make them read your posts. It would solve the problem
overnight.

Technically, the Constitution would have to be amended to remove the
proscription against cruel and unusual punishment, but we don't seem
to be paying much attention to that anyway.

Bill Smith

Bill Smith January 7th 05 09:19 PM

william lynch January 7th 05 09:31 PM

in article ,
at wrote on 1/7/05 12:50 PM:

> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
>> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
>> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
>> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
>> drive again.

> Fine them and points against license, like what we do now. Speeders
> haven't killed anyone; some people who may have been speeding and who
> then cause an accident might have killed someone, but nearly all people
> speed at some point and never kill anyone, so your characterization is
> incorrect.

"Speeders haven't killed anyone;".

Proposal for goofyest statement of 2005. Especially since Mr. Flynn
goes on to contradict himself later **in the same sentence**.

william lynch January 7th 05 09:31 PM

in article ,

Sherman Cahal January 7th 05 09:41 PM

at wrote on 1/7/05 12:50 PM:

> > Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> >> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> >> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or

more
> >> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed

> >> drive again.

> > Fine them and points against license, like what we do now. Speeders
> > haven't killed anyone; some people who may have been speeding and

who
> > then cause an accident might have killed someone, but nearly all

people
> > speed at some point and never kill anyone, so your characterization

is
> > incorrect.

> "Speeders haven't killed anyone;".
>
> Proposal for goofyest statement of 2005. Especially since Mr. Flynn
> goes on to contradict himself later **in the same sentence**.

Heh, I found that amusing. Speeders have killed people, but these are
the ones who go 100 MPH in a 55 MPH zone and do other dangerous things.
Original poster == ****ing retard.

Sherman Cahal January 7th 05 09:41 PM

Furious George January 7th 05 09:54 PM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
> drive again.
>
> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

$100 per MPH under the speed limit (unless you have a real good excuse
for your sloth). In your case ten years in the can would be a cruel
and unusual punishment (to the other prisoners).