AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   sun visor on a 147 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73)

NorthbankGooner71 May 15th 04 09:01 PM

sun visor on a 147

Hi all..
hope someone can help with a small problem we have on our AR147

The sun visor does not return to its 'closed' flush position,.. instead it
sticks out by a couple of inches.. it doesn't affect visibility in anyway,
but would be nice to be able to close it properly..

anyone able to help at all please?

thanks

NorthBankGooner71

[email protected] May 16th 04 09:33 PM

"NorthbankGooner71" > wrote in message >...
> Hi all..
> hope someone can help with a small problem we have on our AR147
>
> The sun visor does not return to its 'closed' flush position,.. instead it
> sticks out by a couple of inches.. it doesn't affect visibility in anyway,
> but would be nice to be able to close it properly..
>

> anyone able to help at all please?
>
> thanks
>
> NorthBankGooner71

Hi,
Sounds like it has been fitted in the wrong position on the pivot arm
[rod]. I do not know how it is fitted on but I would think it should
be just pushed on. May just need to be eased back to the roof with a
little preasure. I will have to see how mine is fitted on before
commenting further. John, UK.

Neuropean May 17th 04 08:30 AM

On Sat, 15 May 2004 21:01:20 +0100, "NorthbankGooner71"
> wrote:

=>Hi all..
=>hope someone can help with a small problem we have on our AR147
=>
=>The sun visor does not return to its 'closed' flush position,..
instead it
=>sticks out by a couple of inches.. it doesn't affect visibility in
anyway,
=>but would be nice to be able to close it properly..
=>
=>
=>anyone able to help at all please?
=>
=>thanks
=>
=>NorthBankGooner71
=>

It's a known small "bug" from the visor producer corrected only
recently. They replaced mine under warranty.
I actually had started to get used to it ....

Neuropean

Neuropean May 17th 04 03:30 PM

Update:
from what I've read on the 147 italian forum, the sun visor bug is
caused by plastic breaking. That would suggest that there's no repair
possible and that you can only replace it.
:-/

Neuropean