AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   95 Passat VR6 DTC erase? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=37887)

malabo July 11th 05 05:17 AM

95 Passat VR6 DTC erase?

I'd like to erase the DTC codes on my 95 Passat VR6 (OBDI).

Right now when I check for codes (ignition on, jump 4-15 for 3 secs,
repeat) it has codes 1344 (secondary air), and the one for the impluse
sensor.

I try to erase all codes by connecting the two pins then turning the
ignition on and disconnecting after 5 seconds, but then I get all kinds
of other codes beginning with four. After a while cycling through
these I get a clicking and then on the next code some pump starting up,
at which point I turn the ignition off before something irreversible
happens.

I got the erase procedure from the Bentley for VR6 in the Golf and
Jetta. Is the Passat any different?

Thanks,

Guido

Woodchuck July 11th 05 12:01 PM

You need to fix the issue first, otherwise the MIL will come back on in a
few days. Or if you fix the issue and it doesn't happen again the MIL will
go out in a few days.

oups.com...

malabo July 12th 05 05:09 AM

The MIL light was intermittent, but it has stayed off for the past few
days since I changed the impulse sensor ($50). The DTC memory still
shows the code though. I don't know how long it remembers everything
that ever went wrong so I don't want to be chasing an old fault that no
longer exists. I'd like to delete all the faults from memory and start
over. Is there any way to do that?