AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bug stepside recover? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74417)

Barnhart Pinball[_2_] September 12th 06 04:42 AM

Bug stepside recover?

I have a question - the steps on my 72 Super are in great shape
structurally, but one has the rubber cover torn up. Does anyone make a
recover kit?

tricky September 12th 06 07:42 AM

Bug stepside recover?

I have seen the ribbed rubber for sale in many auto-restoration type shops.

Try ebay even ?

Rich

Barnhart Pinball[_1_] September 13th 06 05:24 AM

Bug stepside recover?

"tricky" > wrote in
:

> I have seen the ribbed rubber for sale in many auto-restoration type
> shops.
>
> Try ebay even ?
>
> Rich
> "Barnhart Pinball" > wrote in message
>>I have a question - the steps on my 72 Super are in great shape
>> structurally, but one has the rubber cover torn up. Does anyone make
>> a recover kit?

Actually, I just got my Midwest Autoworks catalog - they have recover kits.
So I'm good to restore them. I think they're like $9 per side - cheap
enough!