AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Audi 80 (1994) 1.9TDI (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72650)

[email protected] August 18th 06 01:44 PM

Audi 80 (1994) 1.9TDI

I'm losing power at times, generally when on an incline and attempting
to accelerate, lots of black smoke from the exhaust. I've changed the
air filter and the fuel filter, now looking at teh mass airflow sensor,
anyone got any pointers for me?

Rag man September 6th 06 09:12 PM

Audi 80 (1994) 1.9TDI

Ideas....sure
Open bonnet, get a pal to start car. Squeeze the top intake rubber pipe this
should swell when revving engine.
if NO pressure felt then look at EGR valve neraby. It could be sticking open
OR blowing around the vacuum
section..Easy remedy BLANK of EGR :-)
Other suggestion...some previous owner may have increased fuel flow on
diesel pump (overfuelling) in
a half-baked idea to increase power

oups.com...