AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Oil Light (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=64571)

Peet May 7th 06 01:19 PM

Oil Light

I drive a 1994 530 i V8 with 188000 km on the clock. My problem is that my oil light came on when the vehicle is on normal operating temperature and idle, I then also have some engine noise, as soon as you pick the revs up to +- 1500 RPM the engine gets quiet. I changed the oil and oil filter but it is still the same story. What is the possibility to get to the oil pump with out taking out the whole engine?

--
Peet

View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-412301.html

Send from http://www.carstalk.net

John Burns May 8th 06 10:47 AM

Oil Light

> I drive a 1994 530 i V8 with 188000 km on the clock. My problem is that my oil light came on when the vehicle is on normal operating temperature and idle, I then also have some engine noise, as soon as you pick the revs up to +- 1500 RPM the engine gets quiet. I changed the oil and oil filter but it is still the same story. What is the possibility to get to the oil pump with out taking out the whole engine?

The bolts which hold the oil pump can back out and might cause a problem
like this. See www.e38.org for details of how to replace them.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price