AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   You think the Miata is small... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36752)

Scott Streeter June 28th 05 01:50 PM

You think the Miata is small...

Friend at work finally got his Lotus Elise. Man, this thing is sick in
person. Very small. You gotta be pretty limber to get in and out of it
too. Makes the Miata look like a practical car :)

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

DragonRider June 29th 05 01:54 AM

On 28 Jun 2005 08:50:53 -0400, Scott Streeter > wrote:

>Friend at work finally got his Lotus Elise. Man, this thing is sick in
>person. Very small. You gotta be pretty limber to get in and out of it
>too. Makes the Miata look like a practical car :)

I'm biding my time until I can afford the Elise. My '93 Miata is still
in the stable after nearly 12 years and it won't likely be going
anywhere. I figure the Elise would be a 4-6k mile a year car but
since I live next to Deals Gap, the Cherohala Skyway, etc.. ;)

Chris D'Agnolo June 30th 05 05:47 AM

Are you an annual participant in the miatas at the gap weekend? I'm going
this year from the Houston area for the first time. The Elise would have to
be near the perfect 'dragon slayer' car eh?

Chris
92BB&T

Dave June 30th 05 10:55 AM

Agreed about the Elise. I was fortunate enough to drive the Mk1
in europe a few years back. I'm only 5'-6", and was a lot more
limber back then. And I had to really think about ingress and
especially, egress.

But if you want *really* small, try a Caterham!

pltrgyst June 30th 05 03:07 PM

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:55:45 GMT, (Dave) wrote:

>Agreed about the Elise. I was fortunate enough to drive the Mk1
>in europe a few years back. I'm only 5'-6", and was a lot more
>limber back then. And I had to really think about ingress and
>especially, egress.
>
>But if you want *really* small, try a Caterham!

Caterhams and other Lotus 7 derivatives have a ton of room compared to my old
Europa S2!

-- Larry (6'3"+)

DragonRider July 2nd 05 01:45 AM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:47:54 -0500, "Chris D'Agnolo"
> wrote:

>Are you an annual participant in the miatas at the gap weekend? I'm going
>this year from the Houston area for the first time. The Elise would have to
>be near the perfect 'dragon slayer' car eh?

How do you think I found Deal's Gap? <grin> I'll be there even if I
have to take time off the job but I won't have the Elise yet.

DragonRider July 2nd 05 01:48 AM

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:07:24 -0400, pltrgyst
> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:55:45 GMT, (Dave) wrote:
>

>>Agreed about the Elise. I was fortunate enough to drive the Mk1
>>in europe a few years back. I'm only 5'-6", and was a lot more
>>limber back then. And I had to really think about ingress and
>>especially, egress.
>>
>>But if you want *really* small, try a Caterham!

>Caterhams and other Lotus 7 derivatives have a ton of room compared to my old
>Europa S2!

Before I bought my current Miata I found a totally restored Elan SE
(69-70?) red over silver with tan leather. 90% restoration on the car
but restored for driving, not show (and obviously a driven car). I
would own that car now if it wasn't for one problem-at 6'3 I went to
close the door and it pinched between the steering wheel and my
Knee..and I couldn't get it closed. I was about to cry..I swear I
was... <sigh>

Made someone a fantastic car at a good price, but unfortunately it
wasn't me.

Chris D'Agnolo July 6th 05 05:47 AM

I'm making plans now!

Frank July 7th 05 07:03 PM

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
> I'm making plans now!
>
> Chris
> 92BB&T
>
> "DragonRider" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:47:54 -0500, "Chris D'Agnolo"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Are you an annual participant in the miatas at the gap weekend? I'm going
>>>this year from the Houston area for the first time. The Elise would have
>>>be near the perfect 'dragon slayer' car eh?

>> How do you think I found Deal's Gap? <grin> I'll be there even if I
>> have to take time off the job but I won't have the Elise yet.

I'm 56 years old 6'2' 242 lbs. I would like to attend "miatas at the gap
weekend"
My wife has a 02 miata. I love driving it around town top down.
Not sure if I could take a 4 hr. ride.If I decide to show up would a couple
of you
fellows help me get out of it?

Chris D'Agnolo July 9th 05 05:11 AM

I offer my assistance! Come on, let's go.

Chris
92BB&T