AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Nissan 91 hardbody truck -manual shift (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71583)

[email protected] August 6th 06 01:38 AM

Nissan 91 hardbody truck -manual shift

When in traffic, push on the clutch, there is a clunking sound if
feathering the clutch. Just replaced the clutch, pressure plate, pilot
and throwout bearing, and slave cylinder. Plus the flywheel got
resurfaced. Any ideas on the sound source? All the rest of the gears
are smooth as can be.

Help?

-Jack

Daryl Bryant[_3_] August 6th 06 08:27 PM

Nissan 91 hardbody truck -manual shift

A faulty throwout bearing!

--
Bing Bang Boom Viola Done!
oups.com...

[email protected] August 7th 06 01:56 AM

wrote:
> When in traffic, push on the clutch, there is a clunking sound if
> feathering the clutch. Just replaced the clutch, pressure plate, pilot
> and throwout bearing, and slave cylinder. Plus the flywheel got
> resurfaced. Any ideas on the sound source? All the rest of the gears
> are smooth as can be.
>
> Help?
>
> -Jack

Broken clip retaining the throwout bearing/ something broken on the
release fork would be my guess. Regardless of the cause it will
probably require dropping the transmission again to investigate and
repair.

Chris