Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Smith[_1_]
Forum: VW water cooled August 31st 06, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 34
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Why 5 cylinders?

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

> I'll have to go drive one, but I'm not expecting to feel much difference
> between 136hp and 150hp

Keep in mind that the Rabbit is also heavier than the Focus,...
Forum: VW water cooled August 31st 06, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 34
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Why 5 cylinders?

Joseph Meehan wrote:
> Mike Smith wrote:
>> Dave wrote:

Forum: VW water cooled August 30th 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 34
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Why 5 cylinders?

Dave wrote:
> Chicago Paddling-Fishing > wrote:
>
>> Why do all the new vw's have 5 cylinder motors?
>>
>> In these days of high gas prices, wouldn't a nice, high mileage 4 be...
Forum: VW water cooled August 11th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Why VW's get bad gas mileage?

Timothy J. Lee wrote:

> The EPA's measuring of emissions also means that it does not measure whether
> the battery is at a different charge level at the end of the test.

Wow. *That's* a good...
Forum: VW water cooled August 8th 06, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Why VW's get bad gas mileage?

Keep on Plonkin' wrote:

> How Are the Label Estimates Calculated?
>
> Fuel economy estimates are calculated from the emissions generated during
> the tests using a carbon balance equation. We...
Forum: VW water cooled August 8th 06, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Why VW's get bad gas mileage?

Jon R. Patrick wrote:
> We need to stress here that the EPA does the testing and BY LAW the
> automakers must put on the sticker EXACTLY what the EPA tells them.
> It's illegal for them to over- OR...
Forum: VW water cooled August 8th 06, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Why VW's get bad gas mileage?

wrote:

>> However, I can't help but ask why they can't bring the Twincharger
>> engine over here and let us have it all - high efficiency and excellent
>
> Well, I've seen...
Forum: VW water cooled August 7th 06, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Why VW's get bad gas mileage?

wrote:
>> Rabbit 22/30 2.5L 150hp
>> for a comparison:
>> Mazda 3 28/35 2.0 140
>> Focus 27/37 2.0 136
>> Cobalt 25/34 2.2 148
>> Civic 30/38 ...
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Automatic Locks

One out of many daves wrote:
> WHY?

Yeah, really - what's the big deal?

--
Mike Smith
Forum: VW water cooled July 31st 06, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

none2u wrote:
> It doesn't change your argument , but we are a republic, not a democracy. We
> don't get to vote directly to change anything . We vote for representatives,

Yeah, yeah, OK. I don't...
Forum: VW water cooled July 31st 06, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Diesel fuel prices

Peter Parker wrote:
> In article >,
> Mike Smith > wrote:
>> Peter Parker wrote:
>>> In article...
Forum: VW water cooled July 31st 06, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
ethenol fuel

Eric Bateman wrote:
> blah wrote:
> > Ethanol has a number of issues, some positive, some negative. It
> contains
>> less energy per gallon (or per pound) because it contains oxygen.
>> This...
Forum: VW water cooled July 19th 06, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
2006 Rabbit

none2u wrote:
> It would be cool, but a stripped Rabbit 2.0T would blow the doors off their
> own GTI. Just because of less weight. So they lose some more of their own
> sales again. I mentioned...
Forum: VW water cooled July 19th 06, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
2006 Rabbit

none2u wrote:
> Its not a bad move. Its not a swift move either. Its an typical for VW
> move. Good if you were considering a VW already. But the price was too high.
> It would of been an excellent...
Forum: Audi July 19th 06, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Help---Trying to sell car---should I put more $$ into fixingA/C???

Dano58 wrote:
> Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
>> 2000 A4 1.8T / 77,500 miles / Manual / Quattro / Laser Red / Black interior.
>> In Eastern Mass (if that helps with the valuation at all).
>>
>> *Guys I'm...
Forum: VW water cooled July 19th 06, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
Passat question

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
> Looking at a Passat with 125k miles and a v6 motor. If they are maintained
> well, how many miles might one expect to get?
>
> I think it's time to retire my 86...
Forum: VW water cooled July 7th 06, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Smith[_1_]
2006 Rabbit trim/molding color-keyed??

Matt B. wrote:
> "Mike Smith" > wrote in message
>>> the 4-door also is not only two doors more but it's also specced higher...
Forum: VW water cooled July 6th 06, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Matt B. wrote:
> "jpmccormac" > wrote in message
>> Wojciech Galecki wrote:
>>> Anyone know what the paint...