Showing results 1 to 25 of 94
Search took 3.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Harry Face
Forum: Technology October 17th 10, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Harry Face
Dirty power steering fluid: This a scam?

Tell your repair shop I have 323,000 miles and 20 years on my PS Fluid
in my Bonneville and there are no noises or steering issues..

harryface
91 Bonneville 322,655
05 Park Avenue 101,699
Forum: Technology August 3rd 10, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Harry Face
Now I've seen everything

Maybe the Roll's $450.00 plastic license plate frame was torn off at the
car wash?

harryface
91 Bonneville 322,655
05 Park Avenue 101,699
Forum: Technology August 3rd 10, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Harry Face
Does the Taurus eat tires?

Worn or bent parts will wear out tires .... so will the alignment being
off. If you bought it used the unibody may be bent from a previous
accident or previous owner hitting a big pot hole.

Good...
Forum: Technology July 21st 10, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Harry Face
How many cars have you owned and TCO?

1980 to 2010 ---->>

1. June 1980 bought my first car, a black 1973 Chevrolet Impala sedan,
bought used for $1,500.00 Junkyard hauled it away in Feb 1983 for $75.00

2. 1968 Buick LeSabre...
Forum: Technology July 21st 10, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 114
Posted By Harry Face
Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing inyou...

Buy one of those auxillary gas tanks you see in the bed of the pickup
truck. Looks like chrome plated skid plate and there about 300
gallons...

Harryface
Forum: Technology July 8th 10, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Harry Face
Sort of auto related

A former neighbor once parked his car in downtown Chicago near the
Merchandise Mart. Came back one day after parking for 15-20 minutes. The
rear door window was busted out and the door was hanging...
Forum: Technology June 23rd 10, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Harry Face
Motor oil for real men

I don't think I've seen Hello Kitty Motor OIl in my store.......I'll
stick with Castrol.

harryface
91 Bonneville 322,065
05 Park Avenue 99,798
Forum: Technology May 19th 10, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Harry Face
How many of you own a motorhome?

Paul wrote, Harry are you going to be in Houston?

June of 2011 we'll be touring Texas.

harryface
91 Bonneville 321,698
05 Park Avenue 98,756
Forum: Technology May 17th 10, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Harry Face
How many of you own a motorhome?

Chuck,

You must not have been in a camper / motor home recently..

We went to an RV Show in Chicago this past March and the motor homes and
fifth wheel campers we walked through looked like luxury...
Forum: Technology May 17th 10, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Harry Face
'96 Sebring problems

Not an expert on Chryslers, but the dash cluster on my brothers 2006
Silverado had to be taken out to be fixed, after a week went by they
dealer said it was unrepairable so a new on was installed. My...
Forum: Technology May 5th 10, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Harry Face
'04 cavalier: splice fuel line with rubber hose?

A shop in town last November cut about 9 inches of my Bonneville's fuel
line out and replaced with a rubber hose. The connections were so rusted
they couldn't be broken loose. Now the new filter has...
Forum: Technology February 27th 10, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Harry Face
Guys, I *have* to run a front plate...

Nate,

My 73 Impala's front license plate bracket ended and inch past the four
bolt holes, and the plate got bent around everytime it went through a
car wash. Eventually I had a three piece front...
Forum: Technology February 1st 10, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 77
Posted By Harry Face
Something rotten here...

Buy GM...

harryface
91 Bonneville 321,098
05 Park Avenue 94,833
Forum: Technology February 1st 10, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Harry Face
O'Reilly's

I guess you will have to go to Dodge dealer for MOPARTS.

harryface
91 Bonneville 321,098
05 Park Avenue 94,833
Forum: Technology January 28th 10, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Harry Face
Toyota Avalon Review

Cuhulin,

I'm pretty sure you could find another engine cover in a salvage yard to
fit your van. Seems like a lot f work to go thru. But if you got the
time then........

I may go look at an 1987...
Forum: Technology January 24th 10, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Harry Face
Windshield Visor.

I saw one on a truck posted on flickr.com and it looked like a custom
made one from chrome plated skid plate

harryface
91 Bonneville 320,999
05 Park Avenue 93,865
Forum: Technology January 24th 10, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Harry Face
do I really need to change my oil?

I'm changing oil on my Bonneville every six months. At almost 322,000
miles ireally isn't going to make much of a difference now......The car
was only driven 4000 miles last year.

Mother's car...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 09, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Harry Face
I want one...

Hachiroka,

With my Japanese Text Decoder I was able to view the text and see the
great picture. The Studebaker Museum in Indiana has 2 car like pick up
trucks on display. Production was very low and...
Forum: Technology December 15th 09, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Harry Face
air filter brand and change interval question

If you've been changing your filter between 15 & 20,000 miles and that
works out for you then there is no need to ask others about an interval
change. You also answered your own question about...
Forum: Technology December 3rd 09, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Harry Face
NATE-- Don't Blame Floor Mats for Toyota (Lexus) Runaways

Nate man,

Where have you been? Pick Up Trucks have had carpet since the 1960's. My
dads first truck was a 1962 Chevy with a rubber covering on the
sheetmetal floor. No insulation under it. A lot of...
Forum: Technology December 3rd 09, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Harry Face
2001 VW New Beetle 2.0L Gas Timing Belt

Buy Mama that Malbu.......

harryface
91 Bonneville 320,747
05 Park Avenue 92,656
Forum: Technology December 3rd 09, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Harry Face
Aura XR V-6 Oil change question

Jackie Mack,

Chances are the oil filter is accessed from underneath the vehicle. I
haven't been able to remove an oil filter from the top side since I got
rid of my 68 Buick.

If its a typical AC...
Forum: Technology November 4th 09, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Harry Face
Help choosing a GPS

I got the 260 3.5 screen back in August. It is a bit of a pain to
program. Instructions are lacking. But it takes awhile to get the hang
of it. The Search Mode is a joke....I try the seach mode for a...
Forum: Technology October 18th 09, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Harry Face
"After strong start, Tundra stumbles"

A guy down the street has a 2002 Ram 1500. He got 280,000 miles on it

Not a POS, if it made it thus far..

harryface
91 Bonneville 320,135
05 Park Avenue 90,795
Forum: Technology October 16th 09, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Harry Face
Where would I sell some rims?

Try selling them at a car show/ car parts swap meet in your area.

harryface
Showing results 1 to 25 of 94