Showing results 1 to 25 of 116
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony[_1_]
Forum: Audi October 1st 07, 09:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
Posted By Tony[_1_]
P0411 audi a6

wrote:
> I have a AUdi A6 1999(69K miles)
> Enginelight on with a P0411 code and lately when i start the car in
> cold mornings the high temp light is on but after say five...
Forum: Audi September 29th 07, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony[_1_]
86 Audi 5000 CS Quattro Turbo

Matt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just picked up an 86 5000 CS Quattro Turbo. I have never owned on
> of these before, but it looks like a great car! Can anyone provide
> some insight on maintenance (...
Forum: Audi September 29th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony[_1_]
1990 Audi 80, service manual? Need to repair driver's door, helpopening the door panel.

Grey Hodge wrote:
> I have a 1990 Audio model 80 and the outer door handle has
> disconnected from the linkage inside. I need to figure out exactly how
> to open the door panel without damaging it....
Forum: Audi September 8th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
Posted By Tony[_1_]
1999 Audi A6

wrote:
> I recently bought a 99 AUDI a6 with 68K miles on it. I was just
> reading thru this discussion forum, it it time to get my timing belt
> changed? and if yes whats the...
Forum: Audi September 5th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Squeaky/chirpy (interior) fan - how to fix?

Bart Oleksy wrote:
> Steve Daniels wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:47:06 -0600, against all advice, something
>> compelled Bart Oleksy >, to say:
>>
>>> Local shop thought it...
Forum: Audi August 30th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 16
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Chips

Dano58 wrote:
> On Aug 29, 7:09 pm, Tony > wrote:
>
>> If you have a non-turbo the chips will have only minor effect.
>>
>> If turbo the chips can be anywhere from...
Forum: Audi August 30th 07, 05:46 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 16
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Chips

khw wrote:
> Audi and all manufacturers balance reliability and consistency of EPA
> results vs. performance
> every engine and car is slightly different. One of the goals is to
> ensure that
Forum: Audi August 30th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 16
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Chips

Steve Daniels wrote:

> I took a cruise around the interweb looking a chips. I've found
> them from $500 ~ $650. They claim to give more low end torque,
> snapper high end performance, a cure...
Forum: Audi August 28th 07, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony[_1_]
1999 A6 Oil Light - Can the servicer set frequencies

.... /\/\ i k e wrote:
> I recently stopped taking my 99 A6 to the dealer, and started taking it to
> an independent. I got a tuneup and oil change at about 91,000 miles. Its
> been 10,000 miles,...
Forum: Audi August 27th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 8
Posted By Tony[_1_]
driver side parking brake not working

The T44 series had issues with E brakes. Most likely what you will find
is that there is a rotating part on the brake caliper that the E brake
cable connects to. This is probably frozen up from...
Forum: Audi August 23rd 07, 07:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Audi 1.8 cylinder head bolt question

wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>
>> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:18:30 GMT, > wrote:

Forum: Audi August 14th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony[_1_]
What to do with an old Audi?

Bill wrote:
> I donated an old 1995 mod 80 to a boy's camp.
> Received a tax donation slip for $500.00.
> The 5cyl was worth more than that, but no one wanted to buy the car.
> May not be an answer...
Forum: Audi August 6th 07, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony[_1_]
1998 Audi A6 AC problem

When the engine started and is still cold and you turn the AC on (AUTO)
do you hear the radiator fans start to run?

It would be best to take it to a place where they can pull the error
codes and...
Forum: Audi August 2nd 07, 03:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 16
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Fuel type

Yes, but if you run regular the engine will adapt in normal driving and
the give up will be performance and according to conventional wisdome,
mileage will be poorer.

If you drive your car more...
Forum: Audi July 24th 07, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
Posted By Tony[_1_]
removing rust spots on a 98A4

KLS wrote:
> What experience/advice/wisdom can the cohort share wrt dealing with
> emerging rust spots on a 98.5 A4Q with 109k miles? One spot is
> bubbling right above the handle for the trunk...
Forum: Audi July 23rd 07, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Expected Longevity of A6 or Allroad

TonyKiz wrote:
> I was thinking of buying a higher mileage A6 Avant or Allroad (pre-2006).
> What kind of longevity can I assume for them with regular scheduled
> maintenance and without major...
Forum: Audi July 23rd 07, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 13
Posted By Tony[_1_]
2002 A4 clunking noise

wrote:
>>> thanks for the...
Forum: Audi July 23rd 07, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 13
Posted By Tony[_1_]
2002 A4 clunking noise

>> I really do hope that your clunking doesn't turn out to be serious.
>>
>> Peter.
>
> thanks for the wishes. i bought this car with 28,000 miles on it and,
> granted, i have driven it hard. a...
Forum: Audi July 18th 07, 08:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 13
Posted By Tony[_1_]
2002 A4 clunking noise

wrote:
> I strange thing happened to my car this morning. As I was driving
> away, I heard a clunking noise from under what seems to be the driver
> side front wheel. I felt...
Forum: Audi July 4th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony[_1_]
2003 A4 Timing Belt

Shagster wrote:
> oddly enough, my car just "pooped the bed".. driving home tonight it start
> a REALLY rough idle and didn't have power... like it wasn't firing on all 6
> cylinders... I got it...
Forum: Audi July 3rd 07, 02:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony[_1_]
A4 Glove box jammed!

Shagster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The latching mechanism on my 2003 A4 glovebox is jammed. My dealer wants
> $482 to replace the door and locking mechanism! I'm not giving those guys
> one more...
Forum: Audi June 29th 07, 07:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony[_1_]
1989 90Q sluggish performance

Toby wrote:
> I've been trying to fix this problem for over a year now... When I try and
> accellerate it feels like something is holding my car back and will
> stutter/surge (the brakes have been...
Forum: Audi June 28th 07, 07:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Rear Emergency Brake Problems

wrote:
> I have a 1986 Audi 4000cs Quattro and lately the rear emergency driver
> side brake keeps locking up. Its getting so hot I can feel it
> radiation off the rim. Its...
Forum: Audi June 27th 07, 10:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony[_1_]
Audi 100 2,3E 1990 speedo problems

Phil Payne wrote:
>> I have a 1990 Audi 100 2,3E with speedo problems that have been
>> bugging me for some time. It started last summer when the speedo
>> needle during drives from time to time...
Forum: Audi June 19th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony[_1_]
audi tt, 1.8 T, 225 HP - rpm variatins at deceleration and otherproblems