Showing results 1 to 25 of 206
Search took 2.77 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: goodnigh
Forum: Ford Mustang July 27th 08, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 10
Posted By goodnigh
K and N

What type of K&N filter cost $120?
The air cleaner filters have a million mile
warranty. Buy a recharge kit.
My K&N air cleaner filter uses kit #99-5000.
Readily available at most auto parts...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 10th 08, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By goodnigh
PCV valve

Have purchased a "proper" oil filler cap for my '71 M-code.
The one on now is a flat design with a PCV valve stuck in
the hole in the center of the cap. The new one is a tall design
with a right...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 10th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By goodnigh
9 inch gear swap

> wrote in message
> I'm performing my first gear swap on a 72 Mustang (9 inch rear end).
> Quick...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 16th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By goodnigh
Build Sheet

"Spike" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 05:26:30 -0700, "goodnigh"
> > wrote:
>
>>What is...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 16th 08, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By goodnigh
Build Sheet

What is the name of the company that owns the rights to Ford build sheets.
I understand you can purchase, in various configurations and prices, the
original
build sheet for your car when you supply...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 15th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By goodnigh
351C 4V engine markings

All Clevelands were set up for four bolt mains although the majority
were not drilled and tapped. Heard that somewhere.
It really does not matter unless I do something crazy like
put on a charger or...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 11th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By goodnigh
351C 4V engine markings

My 351C 4V has a "square" block and the head is stamped "4 dot".
What is the difference between the "4" stamp and "4 dot"?
Also the "D" block vs. "square" block.

mike
Forum: Ford Mustang February 16th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By goodnigh
Holley Carbs

Wow, just bought a Holley for my '71 M-code. Car loves it.
Maybe I should buy a couple more.

mike

"Spike" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 22nd 07, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By goodnigh
Tire Pressure

"Big Duke" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a 2004 Mustang with the V6 that came with the 16 inch wheels.
> Along the way...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 11th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 0
Posted By goodnigh
Carter carb

What would cause the secondaries to stick part way open
on my Carter AFB 9637SA? When I complained about
the carb not working properly, my mechanic told me to quit
playing with the screws :) Turns...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 9th 07, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By goodnigh
Carb choice

"My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in message

> "goodnigh" > wrote in message
Forum: Ford Mustang October 9th 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By goodnigh
Carb choice

My '71 M-code needs a new carb.
Either a BG Demon, Edelbrock Thunder AVS or
Holley Street Avenger. Any advice?
They are all pretty much the same price.

mike
Forum: Ford Mustang October 5th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By goodnigh
Carb choice

Have a '71 Mustang Grande' with 351C 4V.
Car needs a new carb. Toploader and 9" rear included.
My choices are a Holley Street Avenger, Edelbrock
Thunder AVS or BG Demon.
Any ideas on the best carb...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 2nd 07, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By goodnigh
Moving oil pressure gauge

"BradandBrooks" > wrote in message
> Hi all. I just purchased a 93 Cobra. Needless to say, I'm in love.
>
> In addition to the usual...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 25th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 19
Posted By goodnigh
Picked up another tool this weekend

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> "dwight" > wrote in message
Forum: Ford Mustang September 22nd 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By goodnigh
Ordering online parts for 2000 Mustang

> wrote in message
>I found plenty of sites, but most of them sell stuff for early models
> or speed mods for later ones....
Forum: Ford Mustang September 22nd 07, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By goodnigh
One BBL Carburetor Runs Rough at Idle

"Ray or Bobbi Adams" > wrote in message
> Wife has a 65 6 cylinder and had same problem. Found the problem with the
> intake manifold was...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 21st 07, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Larry Lindstrom" > wrote in message
> Hi Folks
>
> My Friend has a 1965 Mustang 6 Cyl.
>
> He's on his fifth rebuilt...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 20th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 27
Posted By goodnigh
Improves Engine Performance

>> So why does Ford recommend 99+ octane for this engine. I know it was 70
>> cents a gallon.
>> I will gradually switch to a lower octane and see what happens. Can't
>> hurt to try.
>> This is...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 20th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 27
Posted By goodnigh
Improves Engine Performance

>> Maybe I should try running the lowest octane available in my '71 M-code
>> with a 10.7:1 compression ratio and timing set to 15 before. Probably
>> would not notice a difference from what I read...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 19th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 27
Posted By goodnigh
Improves Engine Performance

> they measure the "octane" in gasoline by seeing where it knocks, then mark
> it accordingly
>
> They use the R+M method to measure it.
>
> Gasoline is a mix of hydrocarbons, not a fixed mixture,...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 19th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By goodnigh
toploader 4spd question?

Forum: Ford Mustang September 18th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By goodnigh
What type BG Demon

> wrote in message
> Generally, for a daily driver, vacuum is the recommendation.
> Mechanical is recommended for...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 16th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By goodnigh
FE toploader tranny

"John" > wrote in message
> "bigshrek76" > wrote in message
Forum: Ford Mustang September 15th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By goodnigh
toploader 4spd question?

> wrote in message
> What oil should I run in my toploader 4spd? 20w 50 or 90w gear oil?

My Ford owner's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 206