Showing results 1 to 25 of 179
Search took 1.87 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MasterBlaster
Forum: Technology November 30th 09, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By MasterBlaster
Rust on rotors on a car sitting for 4-months

techman41973 wrote:
> I have a 97 Accord that's been sitting for 4-months.
> My transmission died and I'm still debating replacing it with a used
> transmission.
> I start it once a month and added...
Forum: Technology August 22nd 09, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By MasterBlaster
Help with diagnosis, Bad sealed wheel hub on 2009 Jetta Sportwagen?

"John Baker" wrote

> After driving about 50 miles, both city and highway, I noticed a small
> amount of oil coming from the right front passenger wheel hub on 2009
> Jetta Sportwagen with...
Forum: Technology August 17th 09, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By MasterBlaster
Tercel driveshaft won't pop loose from tranny housing

"Tegger" wrote:

> >> The factory shop manual makes it look easy: Just pry according to the
> >> diagrams and it will come out. Well this one won't.
>
> The diagrams in thre factory shop manual show...
Forum: Technology August 8th 09, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By MasterBlaster
brake line woes

"George" wrote:

> I've done brake lines before, but not many, and not in a long time. I
> have one particular in-line coupling that I can't get to stop leaking.
> Other joints appear to be OK,...
Forum: Technology August 1st 09, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By MasterBlaster
2000 Mazda Protege: No brake lights!! Why?

> wrote:

> I cant imagine all three bulbs going out at same time
> so checked for any blown fuses but they looked OK to
> me.

I see many cars cruising around with only the...
Forum: Technology July 21st 09, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.hyundai,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By MasterBlaster
"Cleaned up" sound file of strange car noise

"mike3" wrote:

> I tried to clean up that recording that I made of the sound the
> Hyundai car was giving off (see my last thread):
Forum: Technology July 16th 09, 05:53 AM Posted to alt.autos.hyundai,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By MasterBlaster
Hyundai car making strange noise

"mike3" wrote:

> We have a Hyundai Accent GS car (2001) that's been making this bizarre
> "clicking" or "creaking" noise while driving it. I recorded a sample
> he

Forum: Technology June 21st 09, 05:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By MasterBlaster
Fix air conditioning using the kit in store?

"Ashton Crusher" wrote:

> Yes, there are ways to drain it but not with a vacuum pump. The
> vacuum pump pulls out gases, not...
Forum: Technology June 19th 09, 07:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

"twisted" wrote:

> > Have you considered going to a mechanic who can actually pump the system
> > down and find the leak?

> How do you find a leak by "actually pump the system down to find a
Forum: Technology June 5th 09, 06:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By MasterBlaster
clutch can't engage without making a noise at 80mph

"liu" wrote:

> > On coasting being unsafe, I'm not convinced. Coasting at 80mph
> > definitely not safe but coasting at 70mph or lower seems fine. I won't
> > do that in snow, road is wet, or the...
Forum: Technology May 30th 09, 06:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By MasterBlaster
clutch can't engage without making a noise at 80mph

"cpliu" wrote

> When driving down a hill, I usually leave my gear to neutral and let
> the momentum carrying the car. I found if the speed reaches ~80mph, I
> won't be able re-enage the 5th gear...
Forum: Technology May 28th 09, 08:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By MasterBlaster
Warning issued on FAULTY TIRE VALVE STEMS following rollover death.

"Hachiroku > wrote:

> > www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=265321
> > cuhulin
>
> Old new, c. Made in China valve stems. Must have been made with lead...

Mixed with...
Forum: Technology May 4th 09, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By MasterBlaster
How Important is the Position Index Boss on Banjo Fittings?

"jim evans" wrote:

> There's a little indexing tit/boss near the banjo fitting that is
> supposed to slip into a hole in the casting. The distance between the
> boss and the fitting is too short in...
Forum: VW water cooled April 24th 09, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By MasterBlaster
2000 Passat V6 Water Temp

"Tube Audio" wrote:

> I drove my sisters 2000 VW Passat V6 to work this morning.
> The water temperature gauge slowly came up; it took about 10 minutes to
> reach two lines to the left of center...
Forum: Technology February 8th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By MasterBlaster
Drive axle removal

"Steve W." wrote:

> Art wrote:
> > Am I being a bit of a wimp? I am removing the drive axles from my
> > 1998 Altima, a task I have never undertaken before. Removing the
> > passenger side axle...
Forum: Technology February 8th 09, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By MasterBlaster
Drive axle removal

"Art" wrote:

> Am I being a bit of a wimp? I am removing the drive axles from my
> 1998 Altima, a task I have never undertaken before. Removing the
> passenger side axle posed no problem, but I am...
Forum: Audi February 4th 09, 06:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 12
Posted By MasterBlaster
I would like to buy a used Audi - what next?

"Kari Walters" wrote:

> I'm asking for some opinions and direction. I would like to find a 2000 -2003
> A4/S4/A6 Quatro Sedan w/ 1.8T or 2.8 (A4) or 2.7T/2.8/3.0 (A6) engine, automatic.

> I'd...
Forum: Dodge January 28th 09, 08:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 6
Posted By MasterBlaster
1986 Reliant

"William R. Walsh" wrote:

> Well, that is interesting information. I did not know about the production
> numbers for that particular model. Know of any interesting web sites for
> these...
Forum: Audi January 28th 09, 07:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 12
Posted By MasterBlaster
1994 Audi A6 5cylinder petrol 2.3L

"Pedro" wrote:

> Please help. The apprentice at work is having major probs with his
> new Audi. First off. Where is the battery located?

Audi likes to put them right in front of the windshield,...
Forum: Technology November 1st 08, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By MasterBlaster
94 Buick Starter

"Big Bubba" wrote:

> I have a 94 Buick Skylark and trying to keep it alive for my child.
>
> The starter died on it and I need to replace it. Hoping to avoid paying for
> repairs as I am broke, can...
Forum: Technology October 6th 08, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By MasterBlaster
What Do You Do When . . .

"ChrisCoaster" wrote:

> > > . . . the cruise control on your 2005 Malibu LS , 3.5V6 cuts out

> > Can you videotape a short drive in the car where you can show that it
> > falls out of cruise...
Forum: Technology September 28th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By MasterBlaster
Smoke Coming Out Of Distributer (long post)

> wrote:

> OK, here's one that's totally stumping me...I'm driving the other day,
> in the rain, and my '90 Acura Legend gives a slight pop from the
> engine compartment and then...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 21st 08, 07:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 19
Posted By MasterBlaster
Comcast Dropping Usenet

"William Tell" wrote

> Go to motzarella.org and get yourself set up with a free newsgroup account.

> I tried to use Motzarella, but the only newsgroups that show up on the list
> in my Outlook, are...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 12th 08, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By MasterBlaster
Need assistance re-installing C-4 shift shaft & valve body

"HiC" wrote:

> Both sets of pics are the same pieces from different angles. How are
> the arm A and little nub B supposed to interact with the valve body?
> Looking at the depressions in the...
Forum: Technology September 12th 08, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang