Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Forum: Technology October 8th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
1993 Plymouth Acclaim Check Engine light

"I am confused with the error reading of 35 because the radiator fan
does come on. Can the Radiator fan relay be bad and the fan still turn
on? "

The short answer is yes. The supply could be shorted...
Forum: Technology October 8th 06, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
96 Chevy S10 won't start

"I Cleaned the battery cable connections with coca cola and reconnected
everything to now have the vehicle not even power on the lights in the
dash
but moments prior to this the vehicle would light...
Forum: Technology October 5th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2000 Mazda 626 LX Manual trans with Check engine light ON

> P0420
> P0304
>
> They told me that it is regarding catalyst system eficiency and
> cylinder misfiring. Please tell me how to fix it. Thanks

Wow...I bet the check engine light was -flashing- at...
Forum: Technology October 3rd 06, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2000 Mazda 626 LX Manual trans with Check engine light ON

> engine light then OFF, the engine runs smoothly, until the CEL suddenly
> came ON again while I was commuting in town. My mileage is still 93 K.
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to get rid...
Forum: Technology September 25th 06, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By [email protected]
Which oil filters are best?

J J wrote:
> I have not found any independent tests regarding screw on oil filters.
> Just from word of mouth I have heard that the NAPA gold or silver, and
> the $5 Purolator are the best.
>
> Any...
Forum: Mazda September 21st 06, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Desperately need help in a god-awful hurry - Anybody?

> No metal damage apparent, although I'm going to have to ladle water out
> of both #1 and #2, then sponge them out before reassembly. Both are
> about half full of water as the engine...
Forum: Technology September 21st 06, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Desperately need help in a god-awful hurry - Anybody?

> No metal damage apparent, although I'm going to have to ladle water out
> of both #1 and #2, then sponge them out before reassembly. Both are
> about half full of water as the engine...
Forum: Driving September 17th 06, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 122
Posted By [email protected]
How reliable are turbo engines?

> > DAGS on turbocharging to learn something on the subject.
>
> DAGS ?
>
> Graham

"Do A Google Search"

Chris
Forum: Technology September 17th 06, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 123
Posted By [email protected]
How reliable are turbo engines?

> > DAGS on turbocharging to learn something on the subject.
>
> DAGS ?
>
> Graham

"Do A Google Search"

Chris
Forum: Technology September 13th 06, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec failed exhaust emissions

> Hi!
> My car just failed exhaust emissions @ idle - 0.52% CO
> All the rest was fine.
> Any ideas what the problem might be??
>
> Thanks,
> George

High CO readings are usually indicative of an...
Forum: Technology August 31st 06, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
front strut assembly mazda mx6

> do you need to use any grease or is there some sort of gasket at top
> of strut HELP

There is usually a thin gasket between the strut mount and the body. If
it has fallen apart you could either...
Forum: Technology August 31st 06, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Honda

> Also I've had 2 shops look at it and this is how I found out it was my
> transmission. They've also told me its fine for me to drive it until it
> starts making a really bad sound. Some people have...
Forum: Technology August 31st 06, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Honda

> Also I've had 2 shops look at it and this is how I found out it was my
> transmission. They've also told me its fine for me to drive it until it
> starts making a really bad sound. Some people have...
Forum: Technology August 30th 06, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
O2 Sensor problem in 97 Geo Prizm

> The check engine light came on in my 97 Geo Prizm. The code was P0141
> (O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2)) and the Chilton manual said that
> that was the post-convertor O2 sensor. It had a...
Forum: Technology August 27th 06, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
calling the smog gurus

hex wrote:
> hi I just failed the good ole california smog test i have a 98
> civic EX manual
> 109K i failed with high HC tthe first time around cause i just drove
> it in without doing...
Forum: Technology August 27th 06, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
89 cutlass sierra TPS adjustment

> Tried putting a used one in but still same results. While going down
> the road the car pulses and surges, kind of loses power and slows then
> jumps back up.
>
> its a tech 4 2.5 ltr
>
> sounds...
Forum: Technology August 27th 06, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
I rounded the bleeder screw - what now?

> Two of the bleeder screws were rounded in the process. I used a flare
> nut wrench specifically designed for softer fasteners.

Common problem with 'cheap' flare nut wrenches. Vice-grip makes a...
Forum: Technology August 19th 06, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
PCV Valve Screen in Ford 5.0 Liter

> I've read a couple of items that say there is a screen ahead of the PCV
> valve that causes problems when it gets blocked.
>
> I pulled the PCV valve from the valve cover and I removed the fitting...
Forum: Technology August 15th 06, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Valve adjustment on 1993 Mazda Protege' 1.8L DOHC?

> The Haynes manual says that 1995 and later 1.5L DOHC engines, 1.6L, and
> 1.8L DOHC engines have the tappet and shim adjustment. Does that mean
> all 1.8L DOHC engines have the tappet and shim or...
Forum: Technology August 14th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
timing

> Hello, i have a 1968 ford 302 and i'm having a little trouble with the
> timing. First of all, the engine was recently rebuilt and i just got it
> running. I cant get it to run well unless it is...
Forum: Technology August 7th 06, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Nissan 91 hardbody truck -manual shift

wrote:
> When in traffic, push on the clutch, there is a clunking sound if
> feathering the clutch. Just replaced the clutch, pressure plate, pilot
> and throwout bearing,...
Forum: Technology August 3rd 06, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Computer hard disk drives and car transmissions

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
> Is there any reason not to put magnets taken from old hard disk drives
> and place them inside transmission pans?

It would be safer to rig it up to the outside of the...
Forum: General August 3rd 06, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Chevy pickup - bad starter or faulty wiring?

> I've read instructions previously on this forum outlining the way to
> jump-start (hotwire) a starter when diagnosing a no-start scenario.
> What I want to do is start my truck up and drive it home...
Forum: Technology July 31st 06, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
ODB II Database

All:

The information this gentleman is trying to sell you is available free
of charge to anyone willing to devote 2-5 minutes with a google search.
Or you can post the code here.

Chris

Scott Smith...
Forum: Technology July 25th 06, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
odd electric problem

> HA! I forgot to mention (minor detail) that my ignition switch/key hole is
> slightly 'askew' in that when i turn the car off to the accessory position,
> it gets stuck--i have to wiggle the key...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29