Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ralph DL
Forum: Jeep February 7th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralph DL
power steering on 75 FJ40

I have a 1975 Toyota FJ40 and I'd like to have power steering. Is there
a procedure to convert from manual? I think the 1980 to 1982 FJ40's
could be had with power steering.

Please respond to...
Forum: Jeep August 7th 06, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By Ralph DL
Wrangler wobble

Does the wobble occur during a certain range of speed?... could be tire
or wheel.

I suggest you switch front tires/wheels with the rear set and test drive
it.

Ralph

God exists, or God does not...
Forum: Jeep August 6th 06, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Ralph DL
Low TJ oil pressure = new oil pump?

Bill Hughes

Thanks for the schematic... that helps my understanding of the TJ's pump
operation... seems typical for engines.

Over the past 56 years I've had many cars... starting with a 40...
Forum: Jeep August 6th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Ralph DL
Low TJ oil pressure = new oil pump?

Earl Horton;

Which bearimgs might be worn out?... in the pump?... camshaft?... ?

Ralph

God exists, or God does not exist, or I am God and I am dreaming all
this.
Forum: Jeep August 6th 06, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Ralph DL
Low TJ oil pressure = new oil pump?

Bill Hughes

Please re-read my post... the oil pressure varies even when I replace
the electrical measurement of oil pressure with a mechanical oil
pressure gauge.

The mechanical oil pressure gauge...
Forum: Jeep August 6th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Ralph DL
Low TJ oil pressure = new oil pump?

The oil pressure gauge on my TJ is high, 40+, while the engine runs at
road speeds, but at idle the needle sometimes drops to zero, and then
climbs up to about 10 pounds. Sometimes while at idle it...
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6