Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rick++
Forum: Honda January 7th 10, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 92
Posted By rick++
Honda key fobs and how to replace when lost

The dealer lost my key during service once
and issued a set of replacements.
They have to reprogram the vehicle to
accept a key, and cant copy old keys they said.
Thats why they or a road service...
Forum: Technology December 17th 09, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By rick++
how does one use these replacement keys?

I had a friend who lost his last key.
He had to get a tow to the dealer,
because neither a AAA locksmith or dealer would
come to the vehicle.
fortunately the key service price was not too expensive.
Forum: Honda June 1st 09, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By rick++
2001 accord LX timing belt at 60K miles

The big cost is usually dealer labor, no approaching $100 an hour.
To replace and restore the belt you have take out and restore a lot
of other parts which takes time.
Theres lots of ads in...
Forum: Honda March 25th 09, 01:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 25
Posted By rick++
Honda OEM wiper blades, any better than aftermarket?

Windshields a relative commodity now and sometimes
you can get them for under two hundred.
I might consider a replacement of a pitted and scratched
on a younger considering the hours I spend...
Forum: General January 15th 09, 04:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.nissan,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By rick++
Some states want to punish fuel-efficient car drivers

What do they make this complicated with GPS? They just have to
records the odeometer annual, say at the emissions test.
Forum: Honda December 18th 08, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By rick++
COLD WEATHER FUEL ECONOMY, TRICKS TO INCREASE IT ?

Ethano also mandated in winter but not summer.

I average 35 in summer and 32 in winter.
Beside ethanol dilution, I do more road trips in summer (40 mpg).
Forum: Driving December 18th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving,soc.retirement,alt.politics.usa.republicans
Replies: 0
Posted By rick++
Foreign Cars Targeted By Vandals in Michigan

I remember the sad case around 1980
where a Chinese guy was beat to death
in Michigan by peopel who thought he was Japanese
and related to foreign auto makers.
Forum: Driving December 18th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving,soc.retirement,alt.politics.usa.republicans
Replies: 13
Posted By rick++
Foreign Cars Targeted By Vandals in Michigan

On Dec 17, 4:37 pm, (Matthew Russotto)
wrote:

> The Toyota and Honda were probably made in the US, and Mazda is 33%
> owned by Ford -- a controlling interest. ...
Forum: Honda December 9th 08, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 34
Posted By rick++
Why Not Let Honda Et Al. Take Over GM?

I read an interesting tongue-in-check proposal to
have Steve Jobs take over GM. When Steve left
Apple for eight years to run NeXT and Pixar,
Apple pretty much became the GM of computers-
almost...
Forum: Driving October 29th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.knives,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.driving,soc.retirement
Replies: 9
Posted By rick++
What is missing on the cover of the new Medicare booklet?

Just like my alma matter.
Its still 75% non-minority, but youd never tell from the
advertisements.
Forum: Honda October 24th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Replies: 108
Posted By rick++
Figuring Out How Much a Hybrid, Diesel, or Small Car Will Save Per Year

I'd save 100 gallons a year going from a civic to a hybrid.
I figured the payback was about 11 years, not counting
increased maintenance costs of a more complex vehicle.
To the green-snobs out there,...
Forum: Honda August 30th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 32
Posted By rick++
Can I get a louder horn?

I've seen some messaging systems that hang from the back window
or above the license plate. Some display words and others faces.
(I could think of fingers too.)
I think most states have laws...
Forum: Driving August 30th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 32
Posted By rick++
Can I get a louder horn?

I've seen some messaging systems that hang from the back window
or above the license plate. Some display words and others faces.
(I could think of fingers too.)
I think most states have laws...
Forum: Technology July 10th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 88
Posted By rick++
Chinese Company Denies Defect in Recalled Tires

The Chinese minister in charge of drug saftey was executed today.
He took bribes to license 137 medicines without adequate testing.
Forum: Driving July 10th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 88
Posted By rick++
Chinese Company Denies Defect in Recalled Tires

The Chinese minister in charge of drug saftey was executed today.
He took bribes to license 137 medicines without adequate testing.
Forum: Driving July 1st 07, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,misc.consumers
Replies: 11
Posted By rick++
Woman Hurls Dairy Queen Blizzard at Car in Road Rage

> Unless it causes an accident or damage, they shouldn't get more than a
> fine for littering, I'd think.
Missile laws were created for kids through things off of bridges.
But any object can be...
Forum: Honda June 29th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 46
Posted By rick++
Comment on car insurance

Does it pay its claims?
Often no-nme insurance companies do not pay claims.
Forum: Honda May 31st 07, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By rick++
How dangerous is coolant hose failure?

I didnt notice a radiator failure on my 1990 civic for about an hour
(temp high)
and the engine lasted at least 50K after that.

I've had busted hoses. I've removed then, duct-taped them, and...
Forum: Driving January 16th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers
Replies: 10
Posted By rick++
The REAL Reason You're Broke

I calculation I spend 7% of take home pay.

The nice thing about a new car is that you dont have to worry
about repairs for 4-5 years.
Forum: Honda November 28th 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 57
Posted By rick++
How many Hondas have you owned?

Just two.
They take forever to wear out.
Forum: Driving July 21st 06, 02:55 PM Posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.bush,alt.politics.economics
Replies: 48
Posted By rick++
Texas driver's license to jump up to a whopping $100 or more

It could backfire too. There are some areas in the SW states where you
lucky
to find half the cars and drivers with legal registrations. Raising
prices will
have even less register. Dont even...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21