Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike[_3_]
Forum: Technology September 8th 06, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By mike[_3_]
Question about Measuring RPM

I want to measure the rpm under the hood and I know the connection
point but I dont have a tachometer, but I do have a multimeter.

Can't I calculate this using some algorithm?
Forum: Technology September 1st 06, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By mike[_3_]
Quill Bearing

I can remove the tranny myself.

I was just wondering from those that have done this before if I nedd
any special tools.

ray wrote:
> mike wrote:
> > Steve,
> >
> > Excellent writeup. Are there any...
Forum: Technology September 1st 06, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By mike[_3_]
Quill Bearing

Steve,

Excellent writeup. Are there any special tools required to change out
the quill bearing?

Mike
Steve W. wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Technology August 31st 06, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By mike[_3_]
Quill Bearing

No, I had it in there for a checkup

Mike Romain wrote:
> Usually it's the muffler bearings...
>
> Is your transmission acting up?
>
> Mike

Forum: Technology August 31st 06, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By mike[_3_]
Quill Bearing

I have a 2001 Saturn SL 4d Sedan manual transmission and the other day
the guys at the Saturn dealership were telling me that trans fluid is
leaking internally. They said I need to have my quill...
Forum: Honda August 6th 06, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_3_]
H23 to H22

Sorry, yes 1993 Honda Prelude.. Any help is aooreciated.

Mike

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "mike" > wrote in
> :
>
> > My H23 engine...
Forum: Honda August 5th 06, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_3_]
H23 to H22

My H23 engine died so I want to swap the engine/trans and going to a
H22. I have heard that there is a technical bulletin out to replace the
timing belt tensioner on the H22.

Is this something I...
Forum: Technology July 17th 06, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By mike[_3_]
Change from AT to MT

I was thinking of changing from an auto transmission to a manual
transmision on my '93 Honda Prelude.

It has a H23A1 auto and I was thinking of moving to a H22A1 manual.

Anyone make that kind of...
Forum: Honda July 13th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By mike[_3_]
93 Honda H23A1 to VTEC?

My son's '93 Hond Prelude has a cracked block so I am in the process of
taking the engine out.

I should have it out tomorrow.

The current engine is a H23A1 and my son would like to put a...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9