Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Will Honea[_1_]
Forum: Jeep December 10th 13, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 33
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
Update: and now: Death Wobble 1989 XJ Style

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Land line costs have become so high that the wife and I are going to go to
> cellphones for both of us and DSL only service for the computer.
>
> By our worst estimation we'll...
Forum: Jeep December 9th 13, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Budd Cochran wrote:

> My email address works and if I can give you a call before I'm up that
> way, unless you're in the phonebook, that is.

I'm in the book. Unlisting cost $$$!

--
Will Honea
Forum: Jeep December 8th 13, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Let's get together by next year and I'll help you with it.

Anymore, making plans beyond a few months out is really optimistic ;-)

I don't get down your way very often...
Forum: Jeep December 6th 13, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Budd Cochran wrote:

> I figure I've got many issues with this Jeep, I just need to win the
> Powerball lottery so I can afford to fix it!

At least it's new enough that you can remove the...
Forum: Jeep December 5th 13, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Budd Cochran wrote:

> My shocks have less than 10,000 miles on them, my rims are OEM Jeep
> aluminum, the tires are from Peerless tire and run true and are well
> balanced.
>
> OTOH, I might have a...
Forum: Jeep December 4th 13, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Budd Cochran wrote:

> I got the upper control arm bushings installed.
>
> My homemade tool worked until I needed to press the new bushings in so I
> fumbled around with my balljoint press till...
Forum: Jeep November 23rd 13, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 33
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> The hole drill trick would only be safe in a drill press with a good vise
> and vry low speed.
>
> OTOH, a brace drill might work also with the control arm in a bench vise.
Forum: Jeep November 22nd 13, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 33
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Too late! Right now it 18 at my house.
>
> Had to take my younger brother to Colorado Springs for a checkup after a
> triple bypass surgery and CO115 wasn't too bad till about...
Forum: Jeep November 21st 13, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 33
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Buying new control arms was my first choice until I looked at my bank
> account. :(
>
> And the same reason has pushed the job off another month.
>
> The tool I made is made...
Forum: Jeep November 20th 13, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 33
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> I have a good set of tools plus a son with the larger metric wrenches, if
> needed.
>
> I plan to jack the XJ up on stands under the axle and then pull one
> control arm at a...
Forum: Jeep November 19th 13, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 33
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> How I hate being on a fixed income when a vehicle needs work, so I'm going
> to just do the uppers for now and the lowers next month, darn it.

Ever notice how those types...
Forum: Jeep July 18th 13, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
why can't i release my parking brake on Jeep

Carole wrote:

> Our 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee is parked on an incline so my son pulled the
> parking brake and now I cannot get it off I am unable to push in the
> button therefore the lever will not...
Forum: Jeep May 29th 13, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
Dumb question time . . . .

Budd Cochran wrote:

> "DougW" > wrote in message
>>> Thanks, Doug.
>>>
>>> I'll give the local dealership a try, but...
Forum: Jeep April 30th 13, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
Wobble in 2001 WJ Front

DougW wrote:

> http://revbeergoggles.com/control-arms/
> Sorry, no after or during. Dang near killed myself doing these and
> I'll pay someone next time.

I'll second that - Damn, those rubber...
Forum: Jeep February 9th 13, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
Jeep Repair in West Central NJ

Common causes are out of balance tires and bad shocks. Out of round tires,
crooked tread layer or buldges in the tread also will trigger dw. Have that
checked at a tire place if you recently...
Forum: Jeep January 10th 13, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 35
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Engine stalling

DougW wrote:

> Get a better mechanic. ECU's just don't "go bad."
>
> First step: http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm
>
> - battery and battery connections
> - fuel filter (fuel starvation)
> -...
Forum: Jeep October 30th 12, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
Honoring those that were willing to give all if required oif them ... was: Thinking about a drivetrain swap

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Of course, you know the difference between officers and NCOs don't you?

I was the first active duty NCO's kid to graduate from the Academy - I had a
slightly skewed...
Forum: Jeep October 29th 12, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> To be honest, not every soldier, sailor or airman went into combat ... not
> in 'Nam, Korea, or WWII, yet they all got V.A. bennies. Reservists, like
> myself, that served in...
Forum: Jeep October 27th 12, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Sorry to hear about your exposure Agent Orange. I was Nat. Guard Combat
> Engineer during 'Nam but never saw action. I do want to thank you for your
> service for our country...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 12, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Will, are we twins that were separated at birth (02/20/47)?
>
> I've looked into a diesel conversion also with either the Jeep offered XJ
> diesel (Perkins, I think) or a...
Forum: Jeep October 25th 12, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Neither the Renix or Mopar 4.0's has the torque band I like: Build usable
> torque just above idle quickly, peak at 1200-1800 and hold it to 5000 ...
> that was the old 258 ......
Forum: Jeep October 24th 12, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> I figured under 50-55 mph I'd just shift to 3rd and not D and then OD
> wouldn't engage if it begain hunting too much.
>
> Over 50-55 I'd shift to D.
>
> The current speed it...
Forum: Jeep October 23rd 12, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]

Budd Cochran wrote:

> Donor vehicle: 89 XJ Limited (4.0, Asin 4 speed auto, NP242, 3.55 axles)
>
> Recipient vehicle: 88 XJ Chief (4.0, BA 10/5, NP-231, 3.07 axles w/ CAD)
>
> I'm pulling the...
Forum: Jeep June 29th 12, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
2001 GC - fan clutch replaced

ps56k wrote:

> I saw the 4 bolts - and that's what prompted me to ask - how the heck do
> you get in there :)
> Ours looks like a round heat sink, with the small fins all the way around.
> Our local...
Forum: Jeep June 27th 12, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By Will Honea[_1_]
new battery - about 5yrs