Showing results 1 to 25 of 146
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SFC
Forum: VW water cooled April 30th 11, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By SFC
1999 Eurovan Camper - Severe Hesitation

> ~97,000 miles on it. Always synthetic oil, always changed regularly
> (at least) once per year at the beginning of the driving season.
> Averages less than 5,000 miles per year, however.
>
> My...
Forum: VW water cooled April 25th 11, 04:37 PM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By SFC
2010 VW Golf TSI speedo exaggerates by 11.1% !

"TE Cheah" > schreef in bericht
> When GPS receiver showed 108 kph, speedo showed 120 kph, using
> original tyres.

My Scirocco A1 Turbo is...
Forum: VW water cooled February 6th 11, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By SFC
The "Old" Golf

Yes of course I heard of that but this is usally the case with turbo
engines. Also blow by doesn't cause any white smoke out of the exhaust just
crankcase (oil) vapour.

SFC

"Noplacia"...
Forum: VW water cooled January 13th 11, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By SFC
The "Old" Golf

"B Briggs" > schreef in bericht
On Dec 31 2010, 9:14 am, "SFC" > wrote:
> Blown...
Forum: VW water cooled December 31st 10, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By SFC
The "Old" Golf

Blown head gasket, check the coolant water level and see if has dropped.

SFC

"B Briggs" > schreef in bericht...
Forum: VW water cooled November 29th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By SFC
98 Jetta GL vacuum line

Usally the rubber hose will leak not the hard plastic line. Rubber doesn't
like the crank case vapours.

SFC

> Hi, Well, right after shutting off the engine
> you can hear the air leak, but...
Forum: VW water cooled November 28th 10, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By SFC
98 Jetta GL vacuum line

"IRv" > schreef in bericht
> Hi, 98 Jetta GL vacuum line, seems really
> cheap, thin hard plastic... anyway I've
> taped over a couple...
Forum: VW water cooled October 25th 10, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By SFC
replacing battery...

No, first remove neg. then positive. Place new battery, first pos then
negativ,.adjust clock, done.

SFC

<bob> schreef in bericht ...
> .. in a passat...
Forum: VW water cooled September 3rd 10, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By SFC
'90 Golf can't get rear drum back on after replacing pads

"tonyw" > schreef in bericht
On Sep 2, 12:24 am, tonyw > wrote:
>...But for the life...
Forum: VW water cooled August 13th 10, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By SFC
80's heat shields

> I've been looking it over, as best one can with the car still standing on
> the ground, and I'm not seeing any obvious mounting points on it. But
> there is something that looks like aluminum...
Forum: VW water cooled July 28th 10, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By SFC
Is this clutch failure or something else?

"tonyw" > schreef in bericht
On Jul 26, 9:05 am, "SFC" > wrote:
> Sounds like your...
Forum: VW water cooled July 26th 10, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By SFC
Is this clutch failure or something else?

> The symptoms are varied.
> - starting off from a stop, sometimes I don't have to let up on the
> clutch pedal very much before the clutch begins to engage and the car
> starts moving. Other...
Forum: VW water cooled June 26th 10, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By SFC
Gunk on Outside of Carb?

Don't worry about the gunk, but get those vac. lines fixed. What do those
'plugs' look like?

SFC

"susansms" > schreef in bericht...
Forum: VW water cooled June 5th 10, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By SFC
G12 - Fact or fiction?

"Roget" > schreef in bericht
> Can anyone please give me an authorative account of why we should
> purchase, and use, VW's...
Forum: VW water cooled February 16th 10, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By SFC
Is my expereince unique? 2003 Passat

Timing belt replacement is normal for the mileage. The CV boots need only
replacing when they are ripped. You can check this yourself. I've never seen
a cam seal leaking with that mileage. Maybe a...
Forum: VW water cooled December 15th 09, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By SFC
'90 Golf exhaust ball joint, spring? Leaking

Apply some exhaust sealant and refit.

SFC

"tonyw" > schreef in bericht
> Hi,
> My '90 Golf has the...
Forum: VW water cooled October 27th 09, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 29
Posted By SFC
CIS and low compression...

> Your compression, especially with Hyd Lifters, might be low until the
> lifters pump up and the engine is warm.

Hmm, could you explain this one. When the lifters are drained from oil they
will...
Forum: VW water cooled October 26th 09, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 29
Posted By SFC
CIS and low compression...

If you realy measured "only" 55psi then it must be leaking through the
valves. Normal value is between 140...180psi! Acc to vw it is due for
overhaul when it is dropped to about 105psi! You'll...
Forum: VW water cooled October 21st 09, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By SFC
Scirocco won't run with warm engine

"nutso fasst" > schreef in bericht
> Hi all. Got a problem that started suddenly. 81 Scirocco starts...
Forum: VW water cooled October 20th 09, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 16
Posted By SFC
Passat "Check Engine" light on

"Bert Hyman" > schreef in bericht
> In "SFC" <sf-
> > wrote:

Forum: VW water cooled October 20th 09, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 16
Posted By SFC
Passat "Check Engine" light on

These engines are troubled with bad ignition coils (coils on plug). They
used to be covered by warranty.
Check trouble codes or check igntion coils.

SFC

"Batvanio" > schreef in...
Forum: VW water cooled October 11th 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By SFC
Opinions on the W8 Passat

What do you mean by "blown engine"? Could be a lot of things, gasket, hole
in the engine block etc. Maybe it's repairable for less....Interesting motor
to take apart!!

SFC

"dave AKA vwdoc1"...
Forum: VW water cooled October 10th 09, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By SFC
Cabin Air Filter for VW Golf III TDI 90HP GL 1995

Acc. to ETKA you should fit a plastic frame part # 1J0 819 648 when
replacing the filter. I think that the 'valeo' type is mounted by the
factory and that the replacement filter is just only the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 23rd 09, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By SFC
I SOLD OUT ...

>>Finally a heater that works!! (Ex beetle driver)
>
> Really? Did you have a problem with your air cooled beetle? My brother
> used
> to say 'My feet are watering', our superbeetle would get so...
Forum: VW water cooled September 21st 09, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By SFC
Vanagon Subaru Tochometer change ?

"Adam Szewczak" > schreef in bericht