Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stan Weiss
Forum: Technology May 10th 13, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Stan Weiss
HP, 60 mph, level ground

- While your vehicle maybe smaller than a vette that does mean that it
CdA is less. CdA is a function of both frontal area and CD.
- Since Aero Dynamic HP loss is not a straight line you will not...
Forum: Technology May 7th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Stan Weiss
air - fuel ratio

jim wrote:

> Not according to the EPA. They say it contains less energy than ethanol
> per gallon. Density might be different but doesn't matter - no one
> purchases liquid fuel by weight.
Forum: Technology May 4th 08, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Stan Weiss
13-1/2 to 1 compression ...on the street?

Steve wrote:

> M.Burns wrote:
> > Looking at a nice Pro Street car with 13.5 to 1 compression pistons. It
> > apparently has been at some statewide cruises, rod runs, etc, so I know it's
> > been...
Forum: Technology April 30th 08, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> On Apr 30, 12:05 pm, Stan Weiss > wrote:
> > "M.Burns" wrote:
> >
> > > Looking at a nice Pro Street car with 13.5 to 1 compression pistons. It
Forum: Technology April 30th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"M.Burns" wrote:

> Looking at a nice Pro Street car with 13.5 to 1 compression pistons. It
> apparently has been at some statewide cruises, rod runs, etc, so I know it's
> been driven. My...
Forum: Technology November 7th 07, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Stan Weiss
72 Nova tuning

news wrote:

> Steve W. wrote:
> >
> > Nope, Cheap and high HP don't belong in the same sentence.
> > How about updating to a newer engine combo? Maybe find a wrecked newer
> > vehicle with a good...
Forum: Technology May 30th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Stan Weiss
HORSEPOWER FROM OBD2 DATA

florian wrote:

> Hello guys
>
> I come back cause i need your point of view for find the correct
> environemental factor who influence the real horsepower.
>
> the last formula give us the...
Forum: Technology May 22nd 07, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Stan Weiss
HORSEPOWER FROM OBD2 DATA

florian wrote:

> On 21 mai, 16:18, Stan Weiss > wrote:
> > florian wrote:
> >
> > > re all
> >
> > > I come back cause i have a little matter .
> > > Speak with real value:

Forum: Technology May 21st 07, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Stan Weiss
HORSEPOWER FROM OBD2 DATA

florian wrote:

> re all
>
> I come back cause i have a little matter .
> Speak with real value:
>
> car definition :
> Weight : 1300 kg
> 3rd gear ration : 4.48 : 1
Forum: Technology April 18th 07, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Stan Weiss
HORSEPOWER FROM OBD2 DATA

Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:

> On Apr 17, 8:32 am, Stan Weiss > wrote:
> > florian wrote:
> >
> > > On 17 avr, 05:21, Stan Weiss > wrote:
Forum: Technology April 17th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Stan Weiss
HORSEPOWER FROM OBD2 DATA

florian wrote:

> On 17 avr, 15:32, Stan Weiss > wrote:
> > florian wrote:

Forum: Technology April 17th 07, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Stan Weiss
HORSEPOWER FROM OBD2 DATA

florian wrote:

> On 17 avr, 05:21, Stan Weiss > wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> >
> > > I"m writting a software who get some data in my ECU via the odb2
Forum: Technology April 17th 07, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Stan Weiss
HORSEPOWER FROM OBD2 DATA

wrote:

> Hello
>
> I"m writting a software who get some data in my ECU via the odb2
> connector and interface.
> I can get rpm / speed / and elapsed time from the begining of...
Forum: Technology February 12th 07, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Stan Weiss
Engine Compression

wrote:

> I have no compression in the # 3 cylinder how do I know or find out if
> the piston rings are bad or it's a bad valve?.
>
> Steve

Try a leak down...
Forum: Technology October 21st 06, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Stan Weiss
Muncie M-21 transmission questions

N8N wrote:

> Stan Weiss wrote:
> > Nate Nagel wrote:

Forum: Technology October 21st 06, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Nate Nagel wrote:

> willy wrote:
> > will_powerless wrote:
> >
> >>Have a decent '62 Chevy BelAir with a 6-cylinder and 3-speed.
> >>Contemplating a small block chevy and 4-speed swap in the...
Forum: Technology October 7th 06, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Stan Weiss
Clutch Troubleshooting

Let me add this is a 2000 Mustang GT 5 speed.
Stan

Stan Weiss wrote:

> Clutch troubleshooting. How does the stock clutch self adjuster work?
> Looking at it, it seems that the pawl should contact...
Forum: Technology October 7th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Stan Weiss
Clutch Troubleshooting

Clutch troubleshooting. How does the stock clutch self adjuster work?
Looking at it, it seems that the pawl should contact the quadrant and
work its way from the end toward the middle as the clutch...
Forum: Technology August 4th 06, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Stan Weiss
what's the difference between a 40-valve engine and a DOHC.

wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > I just started taking an interest in engines and the BMW cars a day
Forum: Technology July 18th 06, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Stan Weiss
Visual Differences Between Cast Iron & Forged Steel Crankshafts

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have searched high and low for an answer to this question. I
> > recently have purchased a 1969 375hp...
Forum: Technology July 14th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Stan Weiss
Nitrous for a BMW Mini?

* wrote:

> KG > wrote in article
> >
> > Thank you for the useful response as to the others; Pick, pick, pick It
> was a simple...
Forum: Technology July 13th 06, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Stan Weiss
Nitrous for a BMW Mini?

I see from your other replies that kindergarten must have let out early
today.
Works for both the MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S.
http://m7tuning.com/main.m7/store/10018
You can also try YAHOO search...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22