Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PlowBoy
Forum: Simulators October 17th 06, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By PlowBoy
More Info on vista... FYI

http://www.winsupersite.com:80/showcase/winvista_licensing.asp
Forum: Simulators October 13th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By PlowBoy
Anyone else playing with the official pre release Vista? (XP reduex)

Oh,

You get the feeling that DX10 will not be offered for XP? hmm.

Oh and crap, Im gonna have to give it a look!!! I didn't try GTL with dx10,
(picked 7 out of the setup because I only have a...
Forum: Simulators October 12th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By PlowBoy
Anyone else playing with the official pre release Vista? (XP reduex)

Just putting out my preliminary findings...

I did get and Image the pre release candidate of Vista... & Installed this
on a machine I was gonna kill anyhow (figured what the hell, right?).
Well,...
Forum: Simulators October 3rd 06, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By PlowBoy
Nascar and Intel (via chipset boards?)

Anymore ideas? lol. this was NOT the problem, either that or I am having
too much trouble getting XP to take the older drivers, go figure..?

thanks anyhow
LS enlightened us with:
> I know you...
Forum: Simulators September 29th 06, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By PlowBoy
Induced understeer works GTR2 (jeff, FYI)

FYI something bad wrong in vid?
Jeff Reid enlightened us with:
>>> (driver induced understeer). SNIP>>>
> car stable under heavy braking. I made a video of the reverse
> steering reaction, although...
Forum: Simulators September 29th 06, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By PlowBoy
Doom mode in racing sims

Oh that is funny.

"im watching this link with my dad..." dad must be so proud. typical
spoiled brat. got spun, going to kill somone, sounds like sierra lobby to
me. LOL
Tony Rickard...
Forum: Simulators September 28th 06, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By PlowBoy
Nascar and Intel (via chipset boards?)

Aha! kewl, thank you so much LS,

I will have to try that soon....

I got everythig for the new rig, except the matching stick of memory (so I
can have dual channel memory for the cpu/motherboard)...
Forum: Simulators September 28th 06, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By PlowBoy
Nascar and Intel (via chipset boards?)

Thanks Sparad! I did use Driver CLeaner Pro v1.3 I think...

right now, I only have GTlegends on there running pretty good! better fps
than I ever had on the now dead gaming machine which was...
Forum: Simulators September 27th 06, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By PlowBoy
Nascar and Intel (via chipset boards?)

Having helluva time getting my geforce 7800gs (let alone my 6600gt) card to
run NR03 (papy). Neither in ogl or dx...

I know this motherboard is older VIA P4M266A / VT8235 chipset with 2.8...
Forum: Simulators September 7th 06, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By PlowBoy
Shifting with the wheel buttons

Like bob says, do what you like, but I am a motorcycle person, so I like the
top button to shift UP below that one shift DOWN... I drive one handed a
lot, and I hate chasing the button around the...
Forum: Simulators August 29th 06, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By PlowBoy
Welcome to the Dead newgroup...

As far as I can tell, nobody posted on the 22, 23 or 24 of august, replies
maybe, as I have my topics threaded...
Andi Cole enlightened us with:
> He, he, maybe I've blocked a few more people than...
Forum: Simulators August 29th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By PlowBoy
Check this out...

Ya All know that response time is as accurate a marketing tool as the good
old diagonal measurement of CRTs in the 90's right? there is grey to grey
or on and of response times, and thes can be...
Forum: Simulators August 28th 06, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By PlowBoy
Check this out...

Not ready to game monitor, or is it?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/radius-320-seamless-display-look-ma-no-borders-196974.php

I know there are guys who used to post here, have money to...
Forum: Simulators August 25th 06, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By PlowBoy
Welcome to the Dead newgroup...

Test? just me or no posts hardly at all this week?
Forum: Simulators August 21st 06, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By PlowBoy
Looking for SIM Racing LAN party hosting rig

What do you mean by REMOTE locations?

LT enlightened us with:
> Niles Anders wrote:
>> I'm looking for someone who can setup and host SIM Racing LAN
>> Parties at remote locations in North America....
Forum: Simulators August 18th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By PlowBoy
iRacing released for Macintosh first!

Bwahahahaha... lol
Larry enlightened us with:
> http://www.idevgames.com/dim3/showthread.php?tid=418
>
> -Larry
Forum: Simulators August 14th 06, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By PlowBoy
GPL re-install

Easiest way to update the GFX, is to go find the "new" GPL demo {GPL 2003
demo I believe it was called} that was put out within a couple years ago, or
to install all the GPLEA updates for cars,...
Forum: Simulators August 14th 06, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By PlowBoy
GTR2 Rank

Any rumors or anything for GTLegends 2?
I just bought me a 7800 graphics card, and I still get stumble-humbled down
to 15 fps in some of the offline challenges. Since rFactor and GTL2 are so
much...
Forum: Simulators August 14th 06, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By PlowBoy
Backing Up GPL to DVD

Wizip it, that way there is not one problem with file names, If I were you
then burn that file (wont be much smaller than not zipped) to the DVD.
Trust me.
LuvrSmel enlightened us with:
> your dvd...
Forum: Simulators August 11th 06, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By PlowBoy
GTR2 Rank

Now Alan,

dig the hook out of 'yer' mouth. take a deep breath and let OE mark the
post as read and move on... <VBG> Life is too short....

Alan Bernardo enlightened us with:
> "Garrot"...
Forum: Simulators August 7th 06, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By PlowBoy
CTDP F1 2005 Released for rFactor

Didn't you see his smiley?

I heartedly laugh too, month of nothing, then "whuuuump" a whole bunch of
new stuff to get used to... Hehehee. as Clark Griswald would say,

"Gee officer I just plain...
Forum: Simulators August 7th 06, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By PlowBoy
Freaking rFactor79 Demo problem

That old "baby" trick still works? thanks...

But,well, while I was waiting for the answer, I found the $ line in my
player.plr file, changed it from 184,000 (not enough to buy a car) to
500,000...
Forum: Simulators August 3rd 06, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By PlowBoy
rFactor re-intall proceedures?

I forget, has anyone posted them, and I didn't mean to be lazy, but was
thinking someone said to save 1 or 2 files, just in case? I want to
uninstall rFactor like they suggest, I do not recall...
Forum: Simulators August 2nd 06, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By PlowBoy
Upgrade question.

> Actually I will only be paying about $125 for the vid card, afreind
> has up graded to an Intel 805 with DDR2 and PCIE. I was hoping to
> limp by for another 6 months or so before figuring out if I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41