Showing results 1 to 25 of 114
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: High Tech Misfit
Forum: Honda January 2nd 08, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Is my 2004 Civic's battery almost dead already?

Well, it turned out to be a flooded engine. :-/ Dealer cleaned the spark
plugs and changed the oil (it was due for an oil change anyway).

Thanks again for the responses.
Forum: Honda January 2nd 08, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

High Tech Misfit wrote:

> Elle wrote:
>
>> The first two batteries for my 1991 Civic each died at about
>> four years. The car was driven almost exclusively in the
>> northern U.S. for the whole...
Forum: Honda January 2nd 08, 04:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Elle wrote:

> The first two batteries for my 1991 Civic each died at about
> four years. The car was driven almost exclusively in the
> northern U.S. for the whole time. I accidentally ran each of...
Forum: Honda January 2nd 08, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Is my 2004 Civic's battery almost dead already?

My 2004 Civic started up fine in the bitter cold this morning, albeit with
some expected slow cranking. I did a quick errand and returned home. 2
hours later, I get in the car to go out again......
Forum: Honda October 24th 07, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 32
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Looks like the Accord my get my vote

Ford? wrote:

> The Ford Fusion has been very reliable so far.

Sorry, but it hasn't been around long enough to judge long-term reliability.
Let's wait until it's been around for 5 or more years. ...
Forum: Honda October 24th 07, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Josh S wrote:

> Buying a one year old leased car can be a very good deal.
> My current '95 Chrysler was a one year lease with only 7k miles on it.
> I saved 23% and that one year doesn't affect it's...
Forum: Honda September 23rd 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By High Tech Misfit
2008 Honda Accord

wrote:

> We've owned several LX Accords through out the years and the 2008
> model, is by far, the worst of the bunch.

Learn how to crosspost properly to similar newsgroups,...
Forum: Honda August 17th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By High Tech Misfit
01' Accord EX 4-cyl Automatic Overheats...Help

ndccpf1 wrote:

> On Aug 16, 5:43 pm, High Tech Misfit > wrote:
>> ndccpf1 wrote:
>>> Was the thermostat....I changed this AM and all is good A/C and all !
>>
>> Just to be sure, is...
Forum: Honda August 16th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

ndccpf1 wrote:

> Was the thermostat....I changed this AM and all is good A/C and all !

Just to be sure, is the new thermostat OEM? That is very important.
Forum: Honda August 5th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 24
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Any more ideas about the 2008 Accord?

alfred wrote:

> I'm still debating about the Civic Si and the Accord EX sedan for my next
> one. I am not so sure the Civic Si would be practical for a New England
> region with the snow and ice...
Forum: Honda July 28th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 12
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Bought a used Honda for my daughter today with ABS problem--please help!!

TomP wrote:

> USA market Civic's 1992 vintage do not have ABS.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Honda put ABS on the EX model when they introduced
the 5th-generation for '92.
Forum: Honda July 11th 07, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Torque convertor solonoid

nnote wrote:

> 96 Honda ex 4cyl auto....

Civic, Accord, Odyssey, what model?
Forum: Honda July 6th 07, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Changing inner tie rod end on 96 Civic

wrote:

> Does anyone have any advice on changing an inner tie rod end on a 95
> civic. I bought one at AutoZone and it comes with a strange little
> tabbed washer. I'm not...
Forum: Honda July 1st 07, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Fun Factor...Civic coupe Ex or FIT Sport??

alfred wrote:

> I'm still considering the Civic Si. My biggest concern is usage in the snow.
> I know its front wheel drive and has all the right safety like VSA, ABS and
> EBD etc, but I am...
Forum: Honda June 27th 07, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Installing Satalie Radio in a 2005 Civic Si

wrote:

> Some people say the FM transmitter things work fine. I didn't like mine.
>
> My 2003 Civic has an empty connector for a CD changer. PIE makes an
> adapter that...
Forum: Honda June 24th 07, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By High Tech Misfit
how do i shut off the idiot light on my dash?

Gabewatt wrote:

> ok, i know its not an "idiot light" and its a error diagnostic light. im
> pretty sure it came on to tell me to change the oil. i did that now i
> just want to shut it off.

Nope,...
Forum: Honda June 22nd 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By High Tech Misfit
97 Accord keeps dieing

wrote:

> I have a 97 HONDA Accord. When I start the car it stats fine
> (usually) but for the last two weeks, i'll be driving even on the
> highway and the car dies out with no...
Forum: Honda June 12th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Squeeky Creeky Steering/Turning from 92 Accord

85miles wrote:

> I have an annoying creeking/squeeking noise coming from my suspension
> area in the front.
>
> It only happens when I turn the wheels... any idea on what this is?
>
> I heard it...
Forum: Honda June 8th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By High Tech Misfit
Replaced radiator problem....

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a 97 Honda Accord Sedan. Once the radiator failed when i was on
> the highway and got heated up, i drove 2 miles with the same problem
> and replaced...
Forum: Honda May 31st 07, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By High Tech Misfit
tip on changing 2005 honda accord air filter

cj wrote:

> seems like a pain to remove just the air filter housing. i'm looking for a
> website that will show me the easiest way to remove my 05 filter element as
> I want to replace it with a...
Forum: Honda May 30th 07, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By High Tech Misfit
How good are Hankook tires for the Accord?

Butcher wrote:

> I got the Falken Ziex's for my 2000 Honda Accord in November and they
> were DEAD within 18 months. I do a lot of highway miles, but rotated
> every 7K and got about 18K out of...
Forum: Honda May 30th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By High Tech Misfit
timing belt change

alfred wrote:

> I had my 2005 Accord Serpentine belt changed at 30k miles, but a timing belt
> should go alot longer than 60k i would hope!

If your Accord is a 4-cylinder, it uses a timing chain...
Forum: Honda May 27th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Tegger wrote:

> I've got Hankook H406's on my Integra right now. I suppose they're decent
> enough. Put about 20K miles on them so far.
>
> They are not nearly as direct and rigid as the Yokohama...
Forum: Honda May 17th 07, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 51
Posted By High Tech Misfit
How good is the Civic Si in snow?

Private Private wrote:

> Get the Dodge Caliber srt-4 .Its compact ,has good ground clearance.
> 300 Hp. And will blow the doors off the civic si. 28mpg highway

Yeah, but it's a Crapsler... so it's...
Forum: Honda May 13th 07, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By High Tech Misfit
LX EX SE