Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Sparge
Forum: Ford Explorer June 23rd 09, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Sparge
98 Explorer XLT cruise control button block snapped

On Jun 21, 8:16*pm, Ben Kaufman <spaXm-mXe-anXd-paXy-5000-
> wrote:
> I guess that I've been pressing the buttons a little too hard on the cruise
> control because the other week the...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 23rd 09, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Sparge
98 Explorer XLT cruise control button block snapped

On Jun 21, 8:16*pm, Ben Kaufman <spaXm-mXe-anXd-paXy-5000-
> wrote:
> I guess that I've been pressing the buttons a little too hard on the cruise
> control because the other week the...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 5th 07, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Sparge
Dealer Recommended Service

On Sep 5, 11:13 am, Big Shoe > wrote:
> I just got back from having the dealer change oil, rotate tires and
> perform state inspection on my '05 Limited (45,000 miles on...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 23rd 07, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Sparge
97 Explorer XLT dome lights?

On Jul 22, 9:02 pm, (Dana) wrote:
> Hi
> I'm trying to figure out how to keep the interior dome lights off (all
> three of them) when i want to leave the tail gate up. I do a lot of...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 20th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark Sparge
Transmission switched to 4X4 by itself

On Jun 17, 3:25 pm, "Tom from WI" >
wrote:
> 2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 with TracControl (or whatever they call it),
> about 4 months old.
>
> Yesterday I went around...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 2nd 07, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Sparge
Never used 4wd, can I remove the axle?

On Jun 2, 11:29 am, Michael Horowitz > wrote:
> I have a 4WD 97 Explorer. My 'clunk' has been diagnosed as play in the
> front differential. $1800.
>
> I never knowingly have used...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 29th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Sparge
Noisy Front End -Final (I hope) UPDATE

On Apr 25, 8:40 am, Mark Sparge > wrote:
> For the collective -- '99 XLT 4.0 with about 150k miles.
>
> Within the last few weeks, a roaring noise has developed in the front
> end. ...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 30th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Sparge
Noisy Front End -- UPDATE

On Apr 29, 6:59 am, Big Shoe > wrote:
> On 28 Apr 2007 14:01:18 -0700, Mark Sparge > wrote:
>

> >On Apr 25, 8:40 am, Mark Sparge...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 28th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Sparge
Noisy Front End -- UPDATE

On Apr 25, 8:40 am, Mark Sparge > wrote:
> For the collective -- '99 XLT 4.0 with about 150k miles.
>
> Within the last few weeks, a roaring noise has developed in the front
> end. ...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 26th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark Sparge
Noisy Front End

It's a '99 XLT 4.0 4X4 with about 150K miles on the clock.

The noise sounds like it's running in second gear with knobby tires.
It isn't.

I've done some Google searches, and have managed to...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 25th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Sparge
Noisy Front End

For the collective -- '99 XLT 4.0 with about 150k miles.

Within the last few weeks, a roaring noise has developed in the front
end. I have Googled quite a bit, and can eliminate a few things...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 16th 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Sparge
Strange Slurping Noise

On Apr 16, 11:56 am, "Trefor" > wrote:
> Sounds like the air vent drain tube is blocked.
> I had a similar problem, took the cover off (where the wiper shafts stick
Forum: Ford Explorer April 16th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Sparge
Strange Slurping Noise

Here's an odd one. 99 XLT with 4 wheel drive.

After sitting through a really heavy rainstorm, started out and there
is an odd slurping sound -- sounds like it's behind me somewhere on
the left side...
Forum: Technology March 26th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.pontiac,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Mark Sparge
Engine Transplant Recommendation

On Mar 26, 12:20 pm, "sdlomi2" > wrote:
> "Scott Buchanan" > wrote in message

> >I bought my first...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 17th 07, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Sparge
1999 Ford Explorer Transmission will not hold back...

jsandlin wrote:
> The transfer case itself was not pecked on. Just the motor that kicked
> in the 4WD LO. It is known that the motor can stick if it is not used.
<snip> What is the deal with the...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 22nd 06, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Sparge
1999 Ford Explorer Transmission will not hold back...

> Here's some great info on this problem from "Serious Explorations":
>
> TSB 03-22-10...
>
> FORD: 1995-2001 EXPLORER
>
> ISSUE:
> Some vehicles built prior to 12/1/2001 may exhibit the following...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 21st 06, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

jsandlin wrote:
> The transfer case itself was not pecked on. Just the motor that kicked
> in the 4WD LO. It is known that the motor can stick if it is not used.
> What is the deal with the attitude...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 21st 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

jsandlin wrote:
> I have a 1999 4WD Ford Explorer. 1st gear will not hold back at all. I
> put it in first, and coast down a hill. Once i reach a certain
> speed/rpm, it is like it is in neutral. I...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 11th 06, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Sparge
2005 Fog Lamp Replacement

TJN wrote:
> The passenger-side fog lamp on my 2005 Explorer took a rock and cracked.
> Other than my friendly neighborhood Ford dealership, can anyone recommend
> another source (on-line or...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 2nd 06, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark Sparge
Horn operation with keyless remote

WilM wrote:
> My wife likes to make the horn honk when she locks the Explorer. (2 quick
> pushes on the lock button) It drives me nuts. I don't understand why she
> has to bother everyone else...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20