Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vito
Forum: Ford Explorer March 30th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Vito
Exhaust Manifold Removal 96 5.0 AWD

At this point (and all the associated frustration) I just may do it that way
Ashton. I do have enough clearance, and I do have the copper gasket
sealant.

Thanx for clearing my OCD head for me...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 29th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Vito
Exhaust Manifold Removal 96 5.0 AWD

Been trying to get the left (driver side) manifold out to replace gasket.

I tried following the removal procedure from alldatadiy.com, but can seem to
get the necessary clearance to get the...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 25th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Vito
97 Explorer XLT dome lights?

To shut the interior lights off while the tailgate or liftgate are open,
merely close the latches by hand...I do it all the time while cleaning,
chilling on the lake with music on, or transporting...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 18th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Vito
Front Differential or CV Shafts?

Guess I'll have to go it alone on this one since no input from anyone.

"Vito" > wrote in message
> 1996 EB AWD V8 w/247K...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 12th 07, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Vito
1999 Ford EXP A/A Problems

You may want to get the A/C system checked. Sounds like it's causing enough
resistence to prevent starting...like a hydrostatic lock condition

"Bezo" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 11th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Vito
Front Differential or CV Shafts?

1996 EB AWD V8 w/247K miles.

I'm getting what I call a synchronous vibration which appears to be coming
from the front wheels. The vibes increase and decrease with the speed of
the vehicle, but...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 28th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Vito
98 Explorer Radiator -Help

Well it's good to see that I'm not the only one with radiator problems.

It's a much easier job with an extra set of hands - one working from below
(with goggles) and one from above.

Vito

"To...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 28th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Vito
96 Explorer cruse control buttons replacement?

You can get the replacements from the dealer...I've done it twice for my
96EB AWD (256K). One important note...MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY
BEFORE SCREWING AROUND WITH THE...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 7th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By Vito
Tranny problem

1996 EB AWD V8 w/245K miles

Last night while driving home I noticed a whinning sound like you'd hear
with a bad power steering pump which changed pitch with engine RPM.

The tranny then started...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 23rd 07, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Vito
ABS question

You stated that "it would not pass it for inspection". This leads me to
believe that your locality requires annual vehicle inspections, and that
your dealer is an authorized inspection...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 13th 06, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Vito
Clutch life prediction?

I traded in my 93 XLT 5 spd with 154K miles on it...and never had a clutch
problem

"Craig" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 13th 06, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Vito
Headlight opinions

I have a 96 EB AWD V8 with 242K miles on it. The headlights are starting to
take on that yellowed appearance.

Has anyone else tried any of the aftermarket OEM replacements, or the
"Diamond cut...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 13th 06, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Vito
98 5L V8 XLT AWD Clicking when in D and on the gas only??

Well my 96 EB AWD V8 with 242K has a ticking...it's from the valve train for
the number 5 cylinder, and most pronounced when the engine is cold or under
hard acceleration.

I plan to do the heads...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 26th 06, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Vito
96 Explorer Power Antenna

The cable for my power antenna has broken.

Does anyone know how to get the antenna motor out from it's confines behind
the fender/kick panel? I've eyeballed this thing for the last 2 hrs and...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 20th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Vito
98 Explorer AWD 5.0 V8

At first was hard to start, but will now start but idle poorly (almost
stalling, then smoothing out repeatedly). Also lack of power on
acceleration.

I poured my monthly can of B-12 Chemtool into...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15