Showing results 1 to 25 of 98
Search took 4.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: catman
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 29th 06, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 5
Posted By catman
75 TSpark Misfire

SteveH wrote:

>>> Dunno. Not since I've had it anyway.

Forum: Alfa Romeo October 29th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 5
Posted By catman
75 TSpark Misfire

SteveH wrote:
> catman > wrote:
>
>>> I've had a look at the distributor - the 'posts' inside the cap are
>>> quite badly erroded.
>> Certainly isn't going to...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 29th 06, 05:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 5
Posted By catman
75 TSpark Misfire

SteveH wrote:
> My 75 has been standing for a few months awaiting it's appointment with
> a restoration company.
>
> I started it up yesterday as I needed to move it to get my bike out of
> the...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 25th 06, 06:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 3
Posted By catman
Alfa 166 workshop manual website and Christopher Warren

PeeJay74 wrote:
> I was looking for workshop manual for my 166 when I came across
> www.workshopmanuals.co.uk. Does anyone know anything about this guy
> whose name is Christopher Warren.

No, but it...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 18th 06, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 16
Posted By catman
The pain continues

Halmyre wrote:
> Zathras wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:49:23 +0100, "R D S" > wrote:
>>
>>> Well it seems a recon engine will work out at 1250-2250 inc fitting so
>> ..you'll be...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 15th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 16
Posted By catman
The pain continues

R D S wrote:
> 156 2.0TS,2002,85k
>
> Bought in May, has been in the garage in Aug for a piston & a camshaft and
> again in Sept for a valve.
>
> It has just been towed home again after the engine...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 15th 06, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By catman
Substitute Oil advice, please.

SteveH wrote:
> Paul Woodsford > wrote:
>
>> My 147 1.6TS is now out of warranty. As the local Alfa Dealer has closed can
>> anyone advise on a substitute for the Selena...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 15th 06, 09:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 13
Posted By catman
Alfa 156 rear windows

mabsy wrote:
> catman wrote:
>> mabsy wrote:
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 14th 06, 03:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 2
Posted By catman
Fuel injection

Mike wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Perhaps someone can help me with the folowing issue.
>
> Recently I have begun to notice erratic acceleration in my Alfa 146 TS
> (1997 build). This mostly upon moving...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 14th 06, 02:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 13
Posted By catman
Alfa 156 rear windows

mabsy wrote:
> catman wrote:
>> Steve Byatt wrote:
>>> Hello... had exactly the same on mine; was told via this group that it is
>>> probably a metal strip that is used to act as a sensor to "tell" a...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 14th 06, 06:53 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 19
Posted By catman
156 Headlight bulb replacement

Dominic wrote:
> catman > wrote:
>> Same as side lights. If yours is the same as mine, there is a button on
>> the ignition switch and another position past 'STOP'...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 13th 06, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 4
Posted By catman
Engine noise changed

alisoo wrote:
> would be cruising at 60 or 70 then when got over 3000 revs would make a
> popping sound and then slowly lose power - wosrt on the motorway and on
> hills. eventually got the stage...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 13th 06, 10:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 13
Posted By catman
Alfa 156 rear windows

Steve Byatt wrote:
> Hello... had exactly the same on mine; was told via this group that it is
> probably a metal strip that is used to act as a sensor to "tell" a thingy
> that the windows are...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 13th 06, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 13
Posted By catman
Alfa 156 rear windows

mabsy wrote:
> catman wrote:
>> mabsy wrote:
>>> The rear windows on my alfa do not seem to work. Power is getting there
>>> because they click when switches are pressed. Child safety lock seems
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 13th 06, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 13
Posted By catman
Alfa 156 rear windows

mabsy wrote:
> The rear windows on my alfa do not seem to work. Power is getting there
> because they click when switches are pressed. Child safety lock seems
> to work as this stops the click sound...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 13th 06, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

GT wrote:
> "Bill" > wrote in message
>> All
>>
>> 156 JTD 20v multijet
>>
>> Could someone give me a quick walkthrough of...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 13th 06, 06:54 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Hans de Heer wrote:
> catman wrote:
>> Bit like a monkey
>> puzzle really :)
>
> On the upside: it's much easier than on a Renault Modus... ;)

Forum: Alfa Romeo October 12th 06, 09:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Bill wrote:
> All
>
> 156 JTD 20v multijet
>
> Could someone give me a quick walkthrough of how to change the parking
> light bulb in the front passenger side (LH if you're not in the UK)

Get...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 10th 06, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 1
Posted By catman
Oil in coolant Reservoir

nicktw wrote:
<snip>

> So if you face the same problems check the oil pump first. Its a lot
> cheaper than a cylinder head!!!!

Hope you got a refund?

--
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 10th 06, 03:36 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 11

Mark Hickey wrote:
> catman > wrote:
>
>> Mark Hickey wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Yes, but not nearly as high as it should. The maximum pressure seems
>>> to be about 15psi...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 10th 06, 06:42 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Mark Hickey wrote:
<snip>
> Yes, but not nearly as high as it should. The maximum pressure seems
> to be about 15psi when the engine's fully warmed up - the decrease
> from "normal" is gradual and...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 9th 06, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 5
Posted By catman
Woooo!

SteveH wrote:

>>> Oh Steve Steve Steve, you know the answer!
>> The answer is NO!
>>
>> Get...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 9th 06, 12:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "Peter" > wrote:
>
>> "Mark Hickey" > wrote in message
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 6th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 2
Posted By catman
156 Radio Code

Rock Beer wrote:
> Hi - a brief synopsis - flat battery, now recharged, Radio is asking for a
> code.
>
> I've called the local Alfa dealer & they've suggested contacting the dealer
> where the car...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 98