Replies: 26
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
1998 Civic: code P0171: fuel pressure regulator?

On 2010-07-01, jim beam > wrote:
> On 07/01/2010 10:19 AM, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>> On 2010-06-30, jim > wrote:
>>> On 06/30/2010 12:41 PM, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>>> 1....
Forum: Technology July 1st 10, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2010-06-30, jim beam > wrote:
> On 06/30/2010 12:41 PM, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> 1. because of the age of the vehicle, i'd go to
> http://oxygensensors.com/ and get a new oem sensor -...
Forum: Technology June 30th 10, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry
Replies: 23
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
Toyota’s Chief Test Driver Dies in Crash inGermany. BMW occupants lived.

On 2010-06-30, Hachiroku ãƒãƒãƒ*ク > wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:06:40 +0000, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>
>> In general, driving in Germany tends to be an asshole-free experience
Forum: Technology June 30th 10, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2010-06-30, Tegger > wrote:
> Asking for the THIRD time:
> Are you sure you get a P0170 code in addition to the P0171?

Yes; I think I can read the screen! Two different OBDII...
Forum: Technology June 30th 10, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2010-06-30, Kaz Kylheku > wrote:
> I'm going to do the O2 sensor test described in the service
> manual. (Hold engine at 3000 RPM until fan comes on, then
> scan the output of...
Forum: Technology June 30th 10, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2010-06-30, Tegger > wrote:
> Kaz Kylheku > wrote in
> :
>
>> I have a P0170 and P0171 trouble codes.
>

> Honda does...
Forum: Technology June 30th 10, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus

On 2010-06-30, hls > wrote:
> If you have ever driven in Germany, particularly on the Autobahn, you
> might wonder why there are not more fatalities.

Yes, I have driven in Germany...
Forum: Technology June 30th 10, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2010-06-30, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> Kaz Kylheku > wrote:
>>I don't currently have a fuel pressure gauge to be able to investigate
>>pressures.
>>
>>But is...
Forum: Technology June 30th 10, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
liquid silicone?

On 2010-06-26, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> Does anyone sell liquid silicone that is just in a bottle, not a spray can?
>
> Reason I ask is, I have been in the habit of using silicone...
Forum: Technology June 29th 10, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
GOODYEAR settles lawsuits

On 2010-06-29, bob u > wrote:
> http://xrl.in/5qi6

The real URL is

http://www.manufacturing.net/News-Goodyear-Settles-Crash-Lawsuit-062510.aspx

Look, it even fits into 80...
Forum: Technology June 29th 10, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
1998 Civic: code P0171: fuel pressure regulator?

I have a P0170 and P0171 trouble codes. The fuel economy is poor (like 9L/100km
instead of under 7 where it should be on summer gas), and during warm up, the
engine sometimes sputters once or twice....
Forum: Honda May 2nd 10, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
CRX : no restart after stall

On 2010-04-30, Meatman > wrote:
> Walked away for NO MORE than 5-10 mins and tried
> again. Perfect, started right up. Thoughts?

Wild-assed guess: engine flooded with fuel,...
Forum: Honda May 2nd 10, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
2003 Honda Accord SRS indicator light

On 2010-04-28, Guy > wrote:
> they want $103 to read the codes.

I just checked Ebay; OBD II scanners (the kind that plug into a
laptop's USB port) are going for less than...
Forum: Honda April 27th 10, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
accord 90 - clunk from rear when accelerating/tappingbrakes/potholes

On 2010-04-06, S F > wrote:
> I've been hearing a sort of know or clunk coming from the rear
> driver's side. It's an on and off phenomenon. Sometimes there is no
> sound...
Forum: Honda April 27th 10, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
6th gen Civic MT oil change interval: conflicting data.

Hey everyone,

The Civic service manual recommends, in its maintenance schedule for the
1997 model, a 30,000 mile change interval for MT oil; the change
interval is exactly the same as for the AT and...
Forum: Technology March 27th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 105
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
Run Your Vehicles On Water (HHO)

On Mar 25, 7:40*am, aarcuda69062 > wrote:
> As a mechanic I eagerly look forward to undoing things that they screw
> up underhood on peoples cars.

No, you have it all wrong!...
Forum: Technology March 27th 08, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Mar 24, 2:20*pm, "water4gas" > wrote:
> If it didn't work why would we sell it with a
> 100% Money Back Guarantee?

- Because anyone who gives you so much as a copper penny...
Forum: Technology March 27th 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Mar 25, 9:13*am, "water4gas" > wrote:
> Airplanes don't fly, you don't talk on a wireless phone, the earth is flat,
> your all brain dead LMAO!

You spamming twit. Get a few...
Forum: Technology December 14th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
digital speed

On Dec 11, 8:12 pm, wrote:
> I was just wondering why most cars don't have a digital readout of
> your
>
> current speed as opposed to the gauge. I think a readout would be

Your...
Forum: Technology December 14th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
Hesitation during warm up: 1998 Civic.

My car has started to exhibit the following behavior. When it is
started cold, after about two minutes (always at around the same time
since start), there is an episode of fluctuating engine power....
Forum: Technology November 30th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech, sci.econ, alt.politics.economics, sci.chem
Replies: 8
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
Gas prices have tripled or more in recent years, why not theprice of lubricating oil?

On Nov 28, 2:27 pm, Doc > wrote:
> Why so? Isn't the process of refining gas or creating 10W-30 from
> crude essentially the same whether it's $50/barrel or $100/barrel?

Also,...
Forum: Technology November 30th 07, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech, sci.econ, alt.politics.economics, sci.chem

On Nov 28, 2:27 pm, Doc > wrote:
> It's been what, 5 - 7 years or so since we last saw $1/gal gas in the
> US? Now it's $3 - $4. In that same time, a quart of non-synth oil...
Forum: Technology November 21st 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
Home Tire inflation

On Nov 21, 3:13 pm, Don Bruder > wrote:
> I can speak from experience about the second kind - It's saved my bacon
> more than a few times. It's a cigarette lighter plugin, 15-ish...
Forum: Technology November 5th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Kaz Kylheku
how much can you torque a bolt

On Nov 2, 9:22 am, jim > wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 2, 2:28 am, jim > wrote:
>
> > > But the bolt is only 1/4" in...
Forum: Technology November 5th 07, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Oct 31, 6:52 pm, wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just doing some quick back of the envelope calculations on how
> much you can torque a bolt. Let's use 60kpsi as the tensile...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59