Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.51 seconds.
Forum: Honda November 3rd 06, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Fast Idle Valve Disabled?

My Civic '95 ESi (1.6L SOHC non-vtec D16 variant), had a high-idle
problem before. When warm, there was suction at the TB lower port
(which according to the manual, there shouldn't be). I...
Forum: Honda October 25th 06, 05:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Aftermarket Ignition Coil?

Point well made. Thanks.
Forum: Honda October 24th 06, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Shuddering when taking off

Mike, thanks for the reply. I already tried putting in a bottle of fuel
injector cleaner about a month ago.
Forum: Honda October 23rd 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Shuddering when taking off

TE: thanks, that's very interesting. I think it's another likely
suspect, because the problem comes and goes. Also, the problem is worst
after the ECU is reset, and smoothes out over time.

Is there...
Forum: Honda October 22nd 06, 04:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
ECU and Timing Question

jim beam wrote:
> are you sure it retarded, not advanced?

Jim, I checked again, and at 750 RPM, it's definitely *retarded*.
Forum: Honda October 22nd 06, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Shuddering when taking off

Thanks. Will have the clutch checked ASAP.
Forum: Honda October 21st 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Shuddering when taking off

I've had this frustrating problem with my 95 Civic (SOHC 1.6L PGM-FI
non-vtec D16 variant, manual). It sometimes shakes/shudders when taking
off from a full stop. I could prevent the shuddering by...
Forum: Honda October 14th 06, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Pinging, pinking, knocking...?

It's a 1995 model. I check/adjust the timing every week or so, no
problems there. Have noticed the 'pinging' even with premium fuel.

Given that it's noisiest when under load and the gear is too...
Forum: Honda September 11th 06, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
95 Civic has no O2 sensor!

Hello,

My 95 Civic ESi (Philippine domestic version) is a "stripped-down"
version of the U.S. EX model, I think. It has a 'PH16' engine (PGM-FI,
16Valve, 1.6Li, SOHC
non-vtec, ECU code P27) but has...
Forum: Honda August 11th 06, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Help! My 95 civic won't start - SOLVED

Hello again to everyone,

Tegger, I've already read your excellent page on starting
problems.Thanks to it, and to responses to threads similar to this one,
I've previously isolated the problem to the...
Forum: Honda August 10th 06, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Help! My 95 civic won't start

Hi, it seems my ignition coil was bad, and after replacing it, I now
see a spark. But it still won't start, and I don't smell fuel at the
exhaust when the engine is cranked. What could the problem...
Forum: Honda August 10th 06, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Help! My 95 civic won't start

Hello to everyone,

I was (foolishly, I know now) testing each cylinder of my 95 Honda ESi
by pulling on the plug wires one at a time. At the third plug, the
engine died and it won't start. I've read...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12