Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Forum: Technology February 13th 07, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Just a Question about power steering

On Feb 12, 1:48 pm, "Paul" > wrote:
> Check chrysler.com to see if you are covered by a recall.
> My 03 Town & Country was recalled for the exact problem that you
> described.
Forum: Technology February 11th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 11, 3:51 pm, wrote:
> I needed to do something about a power steering leak in a 2001
> chrysler minivan.
>
> I Put it on ramps in the garage and finally tracked the leak...
Forum: Technology February 11th 07, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Just a Question about power steering

I needed to do something about a power steering leak in a 2001
chrysler minivan.

I Put it on ramps in the garage and finally tracked the leak down to a
cracked rubber hose (return I think since they...
Forum: Technology October 23rd 06, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Are Dexron and Mercon the same thing?

I happen to have a Ford escape and there is a web site called
http://www.escape-central.com/1forum/ and there are threads and threads
on that very topic. It apparently is not a cut and dried topic at...
Forum: Technology September 9th 06, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
dodge caravan brear brake noise

just an update - I took the beast out today and all is good. As someone
else noted - a little more noisy when stopping in reverse, but much
improved. Rolling forward - perfectly normal now.

I am not...
Forum: Technology September 8th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
dodge caravan brear brake noise

I cleaned up the drums, knocked off all the rust, also the insides,
shot penetrating oil on springs and also the shoe auto adjustment
mechanism, backed it off so the drum would slide on easily -...
Forum: Technology September 8th 06, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
dodge caravan brear brake noise

I have been experiencing rear brake noise that is there when I start
out and then goes away as I travel and use them. I just replaced the
front pads and rotors. I thought I would find that the rears...
Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Caravan rear brake pad replacement

hi - thank you for the reply. What are the certain tools you refer to?
I gather one is like a sort of screwdriver to adjust the
clearance/drag. The other must be a spring compressor of some type,...
Forum: Technology August 16th 06, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Caravan rear brake pad replacement

My apologies as I am not an expert mechanic like some folks here. I
have searched the group and have found all sorts of issues on brakes,
but not what I need. I am having news server issues so maybe...
Forum: Technology August 16th 06, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1