Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 1.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ReddDawg
Forum: BMW June 20th 10, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By ReddDawg
98 E39 speed sensor

production date 10/97.

Several weeks ago I was on an overly slick road surface. Light
application of the brakes results in ABS. As we were headed into the
intersection I down shifted (5 speed) to...
Forum: BMW January 22nd 10, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By ReddDawg
Me again - new problem!

I really do not sit around trying to break my car.

1998 528i. 209000 miles. 5 speed.

Took a trip. The check engine light came on. 50 miles from the house
it started missing BADLY. Made it home....
Forum: BMW December 24th 09, 03:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By ReddDawg
Something new

I hid the golf clubs but around here no one speaks German. (works on
BMW) I cleared the code (Peake) and drove it again. Same code but the
idle is not bad... parked it. Ordered part.

Thanks!
Forum: BMW December 21st 09, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By ReddDawg
Something new

I went out there today and cranked it to see what happened. Smooth
idle. I DID re-set the fault codes last weekend... think it may be ok
for a few until it warms up or something?

I guess all I can...
Forum: BMW December 13th 09, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By ReddDawg
Something new

1998 528i 209000 miles 5 speed.

Noticed the last couple of times when I figured it up it had a lump
to it at idle. Drove great last night to get gas, check tire pressure,
etc. Took off this morning...
Forum: BMW November 18th 09, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By ReddDawg
98 528 trunk latch issue

> My guess is that you have put the car into Valet Mode.
>
> In valet mode, you can put your camera and a K of heroin in the trunk, and
> the valet can't go party with your ****, and take pictures....
Forum: BMW November 18th 09, 01:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By ReddDawg
98 528 trunk latch issue

When I got the car the trunk could not be opened by pressing on the
contact pad just above the license plate.
This last weekend the button on the interior of the car (by the
pedals) stopped...
Forum: BMW August 28th 09, 05:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By ReddDawg
1998 528i 5 speed

And... is the climate control unit programmed? Had the battery out
for a few days while I worked on a few things in the trunk and I have
nice cool air through the vents but hot air through the floor...
Forum: BMW August 27th 09, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By ReddDawg
1998 528i 5 speed

207000 miles. Just got the car and going through the cooling system,
etc.
Metal impeller water pump
New fan clutch
New coolant switch (the one in the radiator)
If I jump the fan over (center...
Forum: BMW July 16th 09, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By ReddDawg
1997 528 Cooling

Update.

The patient is terminal.

Got everything together. Bled her down. Took more time than I should
have bleeding her down but I wanted to make sure it was as close as
possible. 15 minutes of...
Forum: BMW July 9th 09, 10:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By ReddDawg
1997 528 Cooling

Great thanks to all. There is more of a story to this and the car has
sat for several months. It has not run for an extended period of time
since the head gasket was replaced but I cannot remember...
Forum: BMW July 9th 09, 12:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By ReddDawg
1997 528 Cooling

And...

Had not thought about the expansion tank. I did not mention the hoses
because they are more routine than what I am doing. I feel much better
finding a restricted radiator and think I am on...
Forum: BMW July 9th 09, 03:59 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By ReddDawg
1997 528 Cooling

> Have you been changing the fluid and flushing the system annually like
> the manual tells you to do?
> --scott

Read my first line. Mum's car. I am intervening and yes, I probably
should have...
Forum: BMW July 8th 09, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By ReddDawg
1997 528 Cooling

Mum's car. Possessed. Evil. Horrid little thing.

Started overheating a couple of years ago. Had the head gasket
replaced. Runs good. No oil in the water, no water in the oil, plugs
look great.
Forum: Ford Mustang August 7th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By ReddDawg
1998 Mustang Convertible

Traced the top back to the parking brake switch.

On to bigger and better things. Chasing another problem I pulled the
air bag filter and now have the stupid flashing airbag light. I will
pull the...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 17th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By ReddDawg
1998 Mustang Convertible

On Jul 16, 9:21 am, Dan > wrote:
> On Jul 15, 8:50 pm, ReddDawg > wrote:
>

> > On Jul 15, 11:17 am, Dan > wrote:
>
> > > On Jul 14, 9:54 pm,...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 16th 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By ReddDawg
1998 Mustang Convertible

> Have you checked the fluid level in the pump? I assumed when you said
> that nothing happens that you don't hear the motor, and fluid level
> shouldn't effect that,...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 16th 08, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By ReddDawg
1998 Mustang Convertible

On Jul 15, 11:17 am, Dan > wrote:
> On Jul 14, 9:54 pm, ReddDawg > wrote:
>

> > Just brought it home. 163000 on it, has some issues but for 1500
> > can't...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 16th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By ReddDawg
1998 Mustang Convertible

On Jul 15, 5:34 am, Kruse > wrote:
> On Jul 14, 11:54 pm, ReddDawg > wrote:
> Is there a
>
> > test for the switch and then the motor? Is the parking brake relay a
Forum: Ford Mustang July 15th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By ReddDawg
1998 Mustang Convertible

Just brought it home. 163000 on it, has some issues but for 1500
can't complain. Needs a new rack, tires, air conditioning, ABS light
on and Check Engine light on. It also has a top issue. I will...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 22nd 07, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By ReddDawg
1967 Cougar leaf spring problem

On Mar 22, 7:03 am, vince garcia > wrote:
> ReddDawg wrote:
>
> > This may be a bit off topic here and if it is I appologize.
>
> > The car was sagging so we replaced the...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 22nd 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By ReddDawg
1967 Cougar leaf spring problem

This may be a bit off topic here and if it is I appologize.

The car was sagging so we replaced the rear springs. New springs and
perch pads to be exact. Got it back together and took it for a...
Forum: BMW March 22nd 07, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By ReddDawg
2000 E46 Electrical Gremlin

On Mar 14, 5:06 am, JRE > wrote:
> Floyd Rogers wrote:
> > "ReddDawg" > wrote
>
> >>Had the dealer install the alarm with the door locks, etc. In the
> >>last few...
Forum: BMW March 13th 07, 01:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By ReddDawg
2000 E46 Electrical Gremlin

> The radio needs permanent power to hold its station memory so it sounds
> like a circuit is down. You've obviously checked the appropriate fuses?

Yes. When replacing the battery the radio and...
Forum: BMW March 13th 07, 12:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By ReddDawg
2000 E46 Electrical Gremlin

> The radio needs permanent power to hold its station memory so it sounds
> like a circuit is down. You've obviously checked the appropriate fuses?

Yes, and then while we had the battery out to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31