Showing results 1 to 25 of 178
Search took 1.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Carl Rogers
Forum: Driving April 18th 08, 07:27 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 0
Posted By Carl Rogers
I-88 (Illinois) New Eastbound Fox River Bridge

EOE wrote:
> The arches on the first span are up but they've been waiting a few
> weeks now for the water to go down. They have pulled down the NB IL 31
> lanes and half the entrance ramp overpass...
Forum: Driving April 18th 08, 03:44 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By Carl Rogers
Viatology and Vitalogy

Hi Viatologists,

Yes, those subject terms look quite similar... They’re so similar
that my viewer logs show referrer-links for both terms.

The former term, viatology, has been coined to encompass...
Forum: Driving April 10th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By Carl Rogers
Blowing debris on Interstate 10 near Las Cruces, NM

Hi Viatologists,

The Chihuahuan Desert has it share of natural beauty, but also has the
tendency to pick up a little dirt in the late spring. As evidenced
yesterday, a stretch of Interstate 10...
Forum: Driving March 20th 08, 06:29 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By Carl Rogers
Introducing smaller, faster videos.

Hi Viatologists,

The Worldwide Highway Library ( http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com )
proudly brings you an evolutionary step in the roadside video
production! For those expecting more convenience...
Forum: Driving March 18th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to soc.culture.irish,free.uk.talk.belfast,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 61
Posted By Carl Rogers
Remembering Ireland and its roads!

On Mar 16, 1:55*am, Larry Harvilla > wrote:
> Jason Pawloski wrote:
Forum: Driving March 18th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to soc.culture.irish,free.uk.talk.belfast,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 16, 2:04*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 04:55:58 -0400, Larry Harvilla
>

> > wrote:
> >Jason Pawloski wrote:
> >> On Mar...
Forum: Driving March 18th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 16, 7:57*pm, John Mayson > wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Scott in SoCal wrote:
>
> > BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!
>
> > Even the best Hollywood writers simply cannot come up...
Forum: Driving March 18th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By Carl Rogers
Construction at California 92/ Interstate 880

Hi Viatologists,

Some earth is getting moved in Hayward, Calif., just a 15 minute drive
south of Oakland!

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/i880/92_880/

The interchange, a traditional cloverleaf, is...
Forum: Driving March 18th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to soc.culture.irish,free.uk.talk.belfast,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 17, 12:53*pm, "eugene" > wrote:
> > Ah cmon, you can do better than that. It's not even well framed.
>
> It was the best I could do from the distance I was at. I wanted to...
Forum: Driving March 18th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to soc.culture.irish,free.uk.talk.belfast,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 17, 7:56*am, "Westprog" > wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Driving March 18th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to soc.culture.irish,free.uk.talk.belfast,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 16, 9:32*am, "eugene" > wrote:
> "Carl Rogers" > wrote in message news:lW3Dj.1328
>
> > The time has come to shift the world's attention shift to the...
Forum: Driving March 16th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Replies: 13
Posted By Carl Rogers
Scaling Interstate 80 near Gold Run, Calif.

Hi Viatologists,

The elevation rise between Sacramento and Donner Summit can be
described as a steady, yet dramatic climb. Starting from sea level
and rising to 2,160 metres in just a two hour...
Forum: Driving March 16th 08, 07:49 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 16, 12:31*am, Jon Morse %m> wrote:

> And a good thing, otherwise those of us old enough to remember the IRA
> would never have known that passage between RoI and NI was...
Forum: Driving March 15th 08, 01:08 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 13
Posted By Carl Rogers
Interstate 80 in Reno; Sierra Nevadas

Hi Viatologists,

As a well-sought destination along Interstate 80 (...including former
US Federal Route 40 and the Lincoln Highway), Reno was put onto the
map for its gambling, booze and...
Forum: Driving March 10th 08, 05:47 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By Carl Rogers
Nevada 445 in WHL-360

Hi Viatologists,

You might remember my discussion of Pyramid Lake and Sparks
earlier. In itself, the Route 445 video showed the sights of rural
and suburban Washoe County. Sparks is the eastern...
Forum: Driving March 10th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Carl Rogers
Interstate 80 in WHL-360

Hi Viatologists,

Interstate 80, the second longest Interstate in the USA, has a very
interesting layout near Reno centre. How so?It goes beneath an
unorthodox concrete tunnel. Of course, the...
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
Replies: 33
Posted By Carl Rogers
Video of the California 4 bypass

Hi Viatologists,

The Worldwide Highway Library proudly shares its third video of the
day... Quite frankly, we saved the best video for last... It's the
recently opened California 4...
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 10:42 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By Carl Rogers
Video of Nevada State Route 445

Hi Viatologists,

If you've never heard of Pyramid Lake, Nevada, this is now your
opportunity to catch up.... As the sister lake of Lake Tahoe, the
often overlooked lake combines desert scenery w/ a...
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By Carl Rogers
Video of US Business Federal Route 395

Hi Viatologists,

This morning, the Worldwide Highway Library (WHL) visited Reno. For
those who haven't heard of this destination, it's best defined as a
gambling mecca in northern Nevada.

The main...
Forum: Driving March 6th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Carl Rogers
Tertiary crossing between Detroit and Windsor?

Hi Viatologists,

According to the Windsor Star, an Ontario-based newspaper, there is
some discussion of a *new* Detroit River crossing. If put into place,
there would be a tertiary connection from...
Forum: Driving March 1st 08, 08:43 PM Posted to ca.driving,ba.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By Carl Rogers
Road videos from Oakland, Calif., USA

Hi Viatologists,

The Worldwide Highway Library (WHL) has recently picked up a couple
videos from Oakland:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/tmp/0103

California State Route 77 is a short connector...
Forum: Driving February 29th 08, 07:38 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,ba.transportation,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 13
Posted By Carl Rogers
WHL-360 captures from Hayward, Calif., USA

Hi VIatologists,

In an event that comes once in a leap year, the Worldwide Highway
Library presents new 360-degree captures from the San Francisco suburb
of...
Forum: Driving February 27th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Replies: 7
Posted By Carl Rogers
SF Bay Bridge construction video

Hi Viatologists,

As you're probably aware, The San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge remains
under construction. The eastern span will one day host of pair of
skyway-stretches: one for each direction of...
Forum: Driving February 7th 08, 03:41 AM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, ca.driving,ba.transportation
Replies: 40
Posted By Carl Rogers
WHL-360 access gets relaxed

Hi Viatologists,

The Worldwide Highway Library introduced Hotlink Protection for its
videos and "WHL-360s" not so long ago. WHL-360s are basically full-
circle photographs using Quicktime...
Forum: Driving February 3rd 08, 10:05 PM Posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, la.transportation,ba.transportation
Replies: 144
Posted By Carl Rogers
Impressive auto