Old July 17th 05, 12:26 PM
Leonard Lehew

On 16 Jul 2005 21:18:02 -0700, wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>I currently own a Nissan 350z and thinking about selling it to get a
>2005 Vette. I have some questions for y'all vette owners. Has anyone
>here bought a 2005 Vette?

I have a 2005 that was delivered in March of this year.
>Any personal reviews? Any major issues
>already with the 1st year's model?

I've had no problems at all. It's my favorite of all the cars that I
have owned.

>Pricing: Has anyone been able to get the Vette for under MSRP?

Many people have been able to find prices at least somewhat below
MSRP. It seems to vary from one area to the next.
>I've
>been hearing about how hot this Vette is , so wondering if one could
>buy under MSRP. Wish i had the money to get the Z6 coming in September
>,i believe. Also, the GM discount doesn't apply to this vehicle. Now,
>does the GM Employee discount have any hidden costs or tricks that we
>don't know about or is it really an honest price. Anything to be weary
>or careful about this GM discount?
>
>I've never been fond of American cars since my previous experience back
>in the early 90s have been horrible. This would be my first American
>car since my old Buick Skylark a while back. Any other good sites or
>forums on the new Vette?

The best source of information that I have found is "Corvette Forum"
http://www.corvetteforum.com.

Check out the C6 forum. It's very active, and there's a bunch of
information about 2005s.