Old July 25th 05, 04:24 PM
Pooh Bear

Harry K wrote:

> Pooh Bear wrote:
> > wrote:

> <snip>
>
> > > as we have nearly all master moving off the help by knowing when the
> > > clutch bite point.

> > How often do you have your clutch plate replaced doing that ? Holding a car on
> > the clutch on a hill for any length of time instead of applying the handbrake is
> > plain berserk.
> >
> > Graham

> He said nothing at all about -holding- the car on the hill with the
> clutch, only moving off.

Somewhere in this thread, one of the posters definitely mentioned *not* using the
handbrake *even on a hill*. That therefore implies holding the car on the clutch.

> Anyone who drives a should be be adept at
> holding a car on hill using the -service- brakes then moving off
> without rolling back. Jeez, I was doing that back when I was 14 in 1
> 1/2 trucks, it isn't rocket science.

Well... yes. I agree. Apparently 'Dave' seems more concerned about his 'convenience'
however. Since he drives an auto it's not the same issue though.

Graham