Old March 6th 05, 08:05 PM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"jaybird" > wrote in message

> >>So just slow down.

> > OK, Judy.

> I was just stating the obvious.... common sense.

Yes it is, but slowing down is only *part* of the solution, actually. The
other solution is to flat out back off!

Seriously, I've been in traffic jams in 15 to 25 mph traffic, which is
fairly slow for a 65mph freeway, where the idiot behind me waits until their
headlights are gone from view in my rearview mirror to begin braking, and
then their nose dips sharply as half of their hood is gone from view in my
rearview mirror when they finally come to a stop.

So even at slow speeds, the idiotic/impatient drivers follow at insanely
close following distances--and so they and their vehicle are an accident
just waiting to happen.