Old March 11th 04, 04:08 PM
Dave C.

On 11 Mar 2004, Mike wrote:

> Riddle at the pump
> Life: Annapolis resident Mike Reinhard figured that regular unleaded
> gasoline was cheaper, so he pumped the 87-octane formula into his
> Jaguar. The Internet consultant already had downgraded from premium to
> midgrade gasoline before making the shift to regular unleaded.
> http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...2810-5474r.htm

Of course one big question left unanswered is why this guy buys a Jag and
then skimps on 20 cents a gallon extra. Even assuming he uses 1000
gallons of gas a year he's saving a whopping $200 a year which is probably
less than a Jag's floormats and certainly less than the extra insurance.
Plus if his Jag's timing gets retarded enough the next sloppy fool with a
good 4 cyl might toast him from a red light and he'll have no clue why.

If it was afternoon my idiot alarm would have probably gone off when I
saw "Internet Consultant". I wonder if he tells his clients to use popup

If only there was some kind of "Math and Common Sense" course everyone had
to take while young.

Dave