Old July 21st 05, 01:46 AM
N8N

C. E. White wrote:
> "N8N" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> > Um, yeah... I mean, how many other types of vehicles typically roll
> > over when doing a few donuts? I'd call that "inherently unsafe."

> VW Beetles were very easy to turn over while doing donuts.

I have never seen it, but I can imagine if it were a swing-axle version
it might be possible to get the rear end to "jack" and flip you...
likewise with an early Corvair...

> My old roomate
> turned over a Ferrari but he wasn't doing donuts (single vehicle, ran off
> the road). I can't remember the model (it was a 1967 model coupe with a
> V12), but I can remember the horror of seeing it sitting in the garage with
> the roof partially caved in.

Once you leave the pavement, rolling says nothing about the safety of a
car. Hitting an embankment at the right angle will flip even a
go-kart. Still a sad story though...

nate