Old February 13th 05, 04:28 PM
BadBow99S10

"Nate Nagel3" wrote:

>I think that your friends are full of crap, a ’60’s Caddy
>would be an
>excellent driver car. Unlike Chevys and Fords of the same era, the
>Cadillac engines were excellently engineered and will last a long

time

>with only routine maintenance. Moreover, they’re usually owned
>by
>little-old-lady types and not abused.
>
>That said, if you know "very little about cars," you likely will be

>violated most unpleasantly by the first repair shop you bring such a
>machine to, and you should also not even buy a 30 year old car unless

>you know how to look for common signs of trouble. Some problems that

>look very scary are no big deal to someone who knows how to hold a
>wrench; some that appear to be no big deal mean lots of expensive

work

>in the future. I’m not trying to discourage you from dreaming
>of one;
>just saying that you should learn how to work on an old car first,
>then
>go shopping. Sorry if I just burst your bubble.
>
>nate

Dude,
I would say, do whatever you want. Ignore those people people. If
you want to buy a good car, bring a mechanic friend if you have one.
Also, a small, strong magnet is a good way to find bondo work and
heavy rust. Remember that not everyone is an expert. Example: the
quote attached. GM builds both the Chevrolet and the Cadillac. The
older Cadillacs are worth a lot of money, and probably worth whatever
you put into it and probably more.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Antique-Ca...pict97899.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=477867